My May03 - I-140 and I-485 Approved!!

HOMER-SIMPSON

Registered Users (C)
Friends,
RD May 19, 2003 I-140 and I - 485 EB2 were approved today.
Had initiated enquiry with the Service Center couple of weeks back
Contacted Senator's office last month
Sent a fax to FBI for name check status last week
My wife's 485 case has recieved an RFE and we are awaiting the details.
Thanks to everyone for the information.

I dont want to give advice, but I will say that if things are getting delayed dont just wait.. do something about it and more often than not it will give positive results.

I do now need some advice:
The USCIS website is not letting me do InfoPass appointment.
I have to elave the country for a business trip middle of october. I was planning on using AP, but now is my AP still valid? What can I do???
Thanks for your suggestions. :confused:

HOMER-SIMPSON said:
Friends,
RD May 19, 2003 I-140 and I - 485 EB2 were approved today.
Had initiated enquiry with the Service Center couple of weeks back
Contacted Senator's office last month
Sent a fax to FBI for name check status last week
My wife's 485 case has recieved an RFE and we are awaiting the details.
Thanks to everyone for the information.

I dont want to give advice, but I will say that if things are getting delayed dont just wait.. do something about it and more often than not it will give positive results.

I do now need some advice:
The USCIS website is not letting me do InfoPass appointment.
I have to elave the country for a business trip middle of october. I was planning on using AP, but now is my AP still valid? What can I do???
Thanks for your suggestions. :confused:

Congratulations !

Congratulation

I think your AP is not valid any more - you need to get the PP stamped before leaving US
Thanks

allaboutgc said:
Hi,

What was your wife's REF about?
Thanks for sharing!
We dont know as yet... but I will post the information as we get the letter.
We suspect it would be medical related (she did not take TB test because of our new born).

What was the result of FBI name check

Congratulations!!! Did u get any response back on the fax u send t FBI for name check?

No I never got any response from FBI and I was getting quite frustrated. ANyways the approval emails makes everything fine now!

Congrats

Hi ,
Can you let us know which senator did you contacted .My case is also filed in the same period.I would like to expidite my case with the call to senator.
Please let me know and also if you have any format let us know.

Thanks
gclongdream

Your wifes I485

Homersimpson,

Congratulations. !!!!

Can you please tell me whether you filed your wifes I485 together or did she apply later....??

My RD is 3/14/03, FP 8/03.

My Wfie filed her 485 in 06/04 and she got a FP notice scheduled in Mid OCT.

I dont see any activity on my case and thinking that my wifes application is holding my case....

Based on your approval, I feel that may not necessarily approve both 485 at the same time....

Pl. share your Info.

gclongdream said:
Hi ,
Can you let us know which senator did you contacted .My case is also filed in the same period.I would like to expidite my case with the call to senator.
Please let me know and also if you have any format let us know.

Thanks
gclongdream
GCLONGDREAM, COrrection.. I contacted Congressman's office in my constituency. I went to their webpage and looked for a link to Case Work. Then fill up a form regarding privacy release and it had information such as my SRC #, Date of birth etc. After about 2 weeks I heard back from the caseworker that Security Name Check is underway. I then contacted FBI with a fax requesting expedite and status check on the name check process. I sent an exact letter that has been posted on this forum several time address to Mr. Hardy. I sent a fax to TSC stating my FP will expire in 90 days. I never recieved any response from anyone but was glad to see the approval!
Hope this helps and good luck.

kcv1 said:
Homersimpson,

Congratulations. !!!!

Can you please tell me whether you filed your wifes I485 together or did she apply later....??

My RD is 3/14/03, FP 8/03.

My Wfie filed her 485 in 06/04 and she got a FP notice scheduled in Mid OCT.

I dont see any activity on my case and thinking that my wifes application is holding my case....

Based on your approval, I feel that may not necessarily approve both 485 at the same time....

Pl. share your Info.

We submitted concurrent package which had I-140, a I-485 application for both me and my wife at the same time in May 03.
We got all our reciepts, AP and EAD approvals, etc at the same time.
I suspect her 485 would have also been approved had she taken the TB test (which she couldnt at the time of application).
This was EB2, RIR, case with no substitution.

Thanks Simpson

Thanks for the detailed explaination .I will just follow your path and see what happens to my case.
Thanks
gclongdream