My Lawyer said I129/I130 may take 8 to 10 months

RMA

Registered Users (C)
My Timeline is as follows:
06/01/05 - I129F and I130 Filed
06/07/05 - Received receipt notice for I129F (MSC)
06/15/05 - Received receipt notice for I130F (WAC)

I hired an immigration attorney who told me that it would take anywhere from 8 to 10 months before my wife could come to the US.

I constantly look at the processing dates on the USCIS web site but it hasn't been updated since June 21, 2005. From reading other posts, the processing dates may not be as accurate as posted.

Does anyone have any insights on this? Is 8-10 months the typical time frame to complete the process?

I'm afraid your lawyer is correct. My husband has been waiting in Canada since January to come and be with me. We sent in our I-130 on January 12, 05 recieved the noa on January 18, 05. We then sent in the I-129F on February 4, 05 and rec'd the noa for it on February 18. I finally received a letter from my district office on 6-22-05 requesting a interview for the I-130 on July 27,05. I thought the I-129F would be processed first since he was out of the country but I guess I was wrong. Could be because our marriage took place here in the US, then he went back to Canada for a week to see his son, then couldn't get back into the US without a visa. We have been patiently waiting (not really, we have been on pins and needles, the entire wait) for several months and I figure it will take a few more to get through the process. Good luck with the waiting, and remember, there is light at the end of the tunnel, it just takes time to get to it. :)

Thanks

jeepgirl243,

Thanks for your reply. Your experience validates what my lawyer has told me.

I just checked the processing dates on the USCIS web site today and it actually updated from last time. According to the web site, they are currently processing the I129F (K3/K4) with receipt date of June 14, 2005. Since my receipt date is before that, there should be some progress (I hope). I'll be checking with my lawyer to see if they have any updates.

thanks again,
RMA

I129F Approved

Our I129F has been approved!!!! I can now add it to my timeline.

09/30/05 - I129F Approved

The paperwork is now with the Philippine Embassy. We're waiting on the paperwork with the schedule for medical exam and interview. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to receive this after the I129F is approved?

I130 Recently Approved - Timeline Updated

Does anyone know how much longer I will be waiting?

12/27/05 - I130 Approved

jeepgirl243 said:
I'm afraid your lawyer is correct. My husband has been waiting in Canada since January to come and be with me. We sent in our I-130 on January 12, 05 recieved the noa on January 18, 05. We then sent in the I-129F on February 4, 05 and rec'd the noa for it on February 18. I finally received a letter from my district office on 6-22-05 requesting a interview for the I-130 on July 27,05. I thought the I-129F would be processed first since he was out of the country but I guess I was wrong. Could be because our marriage took place here in the US, then he went back to Canada for a week to see his son, then couldn't get back into the US without a visa. We have been patiently waiting (not really, we have been on pins and needles, the entire wait) for several months and I figure it will take a few more to get through the process. Good luck with the waiting, and remember, there is light at the end of the tunnel, it just takes time to get to it. :)
jeepgirl243,

This is my first time to join the dicussion forum. I have a similar case to you. I'm a Canadian citizen and my hubby is an American. We got married in Nov 2004 at Los Angeles. My husband has filed I-130 in Jan 2006 and just sent the I-129F on Feb 15, 2006 with the NOA. I wonder how long the processing time for your husband to get his K3 visa ( I mean the processing time starts from the first date you filed for the I-130). I heard that it would take 5 to 6 months to get K3. I don't know if it is true or not.

Also, as you mentioned that your husband could not enter USA after he left the country to Canada to see his son, does it mean that one could not enter US once he or she filed for I-130? If it happened like this, I could not go to the US to visit my husband. It is very painful! I am so anxious right now.

My husband has accessed online at the USCIS and he noticed that the number of days for I-130 is 990 days. It sounds very terrible. I wonder if everyone has the same message from USCIS.

Hope someone can answer my questions.

Thanks,
Jenn

It's been 10 months... still waiting

My wife and I got married here in the US in April 2005. She had to go back to the Philippines in June 2005 to adjust her status. It's been 10 months and we're still waiting.

The 990 days seems to be a generic number when accessing the USCIS website. The 990 days didn't change until the I130 was approved. What I mean is that if your I130 will be approved tomorrow, it will still say 990 days on the web site today.

We hired an immigration attorney to help. Since then we've been assigned to their paralegal who is constantly updating me. Their paralegal's updates, however, are mostly simlilar to the updates I get from the USCIS. So, until this point, I still don't see a benefit of hiring an attorney. But since we've paid for it already... oh well...

From couple of spouses I met last time (jan 06) I was at the US consulate in India, the process takes around 1 yr.

Just finished our interview at the Embassy

We just finished the interview on Friday, March 10 at the embassy. This was after receiving the Notice on March 5. I had to make an emergency flight to the Philippines because the paperwork was sent here instead of the Philippines. My wife's medical appointment was on March 3. Fortunately, since we received the notice late, they accepted her for the Medical exam. So, now, we're just waiting for the visa approval..

How's everyone doing?

***Updated Timeline
12/27/05 - I130 Approved
03/04/06 - Received Notice for Medical Exam/Interview/Packet 4 dated Jan 26
03/06/06 - Medical Exam
03/07/06 - Received results of medical Exam
03/10/06 - Interview at the Embassy

Just finished our interview at the Embassy

We just finished the interview on Friday, March 10 at the embassy. This was after receiving the Notice on March 5. I had to make an emergency flight to the Philippines because the paperwork was sent here instead of the Philippines. My wife's medical appointment was on March 3. Fortunately, since we received the notice late, they accepted her for the Medical exam. So, now, we're just waiting for the visa approval..

How's everyone doing?

***Updated Timeline
12/27/05 - I130 Approved
03/04/06 - Received Notice for Medical Exam/Interview/Packet 4 dated Jan 26
03/06/06 - Medical Exam
03/07/06 - Received results of medical Exam
03/10/06 - Interview at the Embassy

we are up to 14 months now and still no visa! Everything has been approved, My husband is now waiting on a interview in Montreal. Hopefully he will get one in May, wish us luck!

VISA Approved

My wife's visa has been approved!!!!! :) It is now in the hands of the embassy's courier service for delivery. Finally, whew!!!

Good Luck to everyone and hope you receive good news as well.