My lawyer forgot to mail RFIE

fikdot

Hi, I received a letter today from uscis that I didn’t respond to the RFIE. In June I took all what they asked for to my lawyer and she said she had mailed it but now I got to know she didn’t. Please what can I do because I was given 33 days in the letter or else I will have to leave US

Hi, I received a letter today from uscis that I didn’t respond to the RFIE. In June I took all what they asked for to my lawyer and she said she had mailed it but now I got to know she didn’t. Please what can I do because I was given 33 days in the letter or else I will have to leave US

To be clear enough Request for Initial Evidence (RFIE) is a tax question, not an immigration question. If you can demonstrate to USCIS by mail or letter from the company that you have fulfilled your tax filing requirements as a US Citizen then it seems to me that your immigration problems are solved. If you think you need to have a further information then a professional accountant is more useful than an immigration attorney.