My lawer filed I-485 without medical exam.

Without a doubt

You should try to get it done as soon as you can and ask your lawyer to send it to INS. If you are lucky they will add to your file, otherwise you will definitely get an RFE and further delay in the case.

I think my lawer is stupid

I told here we have to do Med. exam before filing I-485 ,,,
in stupid way she said they will ask for it later on.

I believe you can still send your medical report

Hi apple21,

I believe INS has a special form that you can fill out and add your medical reports to your case. This form is in addition to the regular I-693 forms for medical reports. I do not quite remember the exact form number. But, it is similar to the form that people typically use for filing change of address etc. I think the form is used to add additional information to an existing case. I will try to find out more details for you. If you get your medical exam done and send it to INS even now, you might save yourself from getting an RFE later on.

If you don\'t send it now, you are almost 100% sure to get an RFE later on. And then you will have to send it anyway. Consult your lawyer and see what she has to say about this. In any case, an RFE should not delay your case much if your medical exam is clean.

So, don\'t lose heart. They have your application.

Pump

first thank you pump....

I already talked to her last week and she said in stupid way
"INS is a huge organization we have to wait till they request it, so the papers will not lost" ... any way what I thinking is , I will go ahead and do medical exam & I will keep it till they requested but I\'m not quiete sure about the expiration.

Medical Exam

Actually, if I am not wrong Medical exam results are valid for one year. Based on the way CSC is processing it may well be over a year, so you might end up doing the medical exam again. My attorney shared the trend of all her clients with her for past 2 years and it showed that CSC is not being able to complete the approval in one year and that the medical exam had to be re-done. Also, it showed that when the medical exam results were presented because of an RFE .. things moved did move quick. So, even I have decided to wait & see. I am planning to get the finger printing done first.

My lawyer said the same thing....

My lawyer said that they send the medical info when requested because historically the INS hasn\'t made it through I-485 within a year. This last year, I guess has been a little out of the ordinary. I just got the RFE for the medical last week....

Let\'s hope there\'s not much time left to wait.

BTW: I did the medical a few months ago, I decided not to send the info because the RFE address is different than the main address. I didn\'t need the INS to lose it (they lost two of my applications at the Practical Training stage after F1....)