My landing Experience

nitin_kumar

Registered Users (C)
I just wanted to share my landing experience in Canada. I have valid H1 visa and also EAD/AP. I flew into toronto on the 26th. I was very nervous after reading some bad experiences on this site. Anyway the immigration officer was very nice and did not ask any questions. Since I was sponsored by my wife who is a canadian citizen, I was not even asked any financial statements or questions. The whole process took me only 10 mins. Then to the customs where I produced the list of goods to follow. I was asked to estimate the value, which I did in US$ and the customs officer converted it into CAN$, produced a receipt and that was it. To cut down the process time here, I would recommed that you put the approx value on the list of goods expecially if it is long.

I then applied for my SIN card and Health Card and then flew back to Denver (where I am working). Once again I just showed the US Immigration officer my H1 visa page in my passport, I-94 and I797. He just looked at it and let me through. No questions asked.

No Title

Nithin,
Did you have to surrender the I-94 when you leave US? If not did you have the same I-94 when you returned back? How does it work?

No Title

Nithin,

I also have the same question regarding I-94. Do you have to give it ? And did you make sure you got a new one when you enetered back in to US ??
Thanks.

SivaS

No Title

When I fly out of US to Canada, the airlines do not take the I-94 out. Once I arrived in Toronto, I took my I-94 out of my passport. The Canadian immigration officer did not ask for it. On my way back, I put the I-94 back in the passport and showed it to the US immigration officer.

When you are travelling to canada for a few days, US immigration allows you to travel back on the same I-94. You dont have to fill up a new one.

No Title

Hi,
    If I want to get a new I-94,Can we travel from US to Canada and come back???

Thanks
Bala.

No Title

Nitin_Kumar:
All my friends in US who have a "Green Card" can travel to Canada with no visa required. Why "landed" in Canada people should worry about I-94 or US Visa(s)?
Thanks

No Title

Nithin,
Do you have any idea of what INS thinks if you are waiting for I-485 approval and land in Canada as a PR? You might have talked to your lawyer. Any ideas!!!!

No Title

There is nothing illegal in doing so. you are not breaking ay law. INS decision is not bases on whether you landed in Canada or not.

No Title

I have to land in Canada soon.How can I bring with me some software CD\'s,which are pirate?Do I have to write it into list of goods like "CD\'s - $200" or like "software CD\'s....."?If I will write its name I think there will be a problems.Or there will be a problems with software CD\'s anyway?

No Title

Nitin, I plan to go for 2 weeks, would that qualifiy as "few days" .. ie I94 not to be taken ?

No Title

If you enter Canada by road you do not have to surrunder your I-94 and you can come back to US with same I-94, but it seems you are Indian and you need Canada Visitor visa to enter canada if you are not yet landed PR.
If you are landed PR and indian you can enter US from canada with out any US Visa.