My journey to Green Card-- getting closer

ohdwell

Registered Users (C)
My journey to Green Card-- getting closer Hello everyone,

I'm a long time user of this forum and would like to share my experience now.

RIR-EB3

LC RD Dec. 31, 2001
LC Approved March 2004
I-140/485 RD Apr. 2004
I-140 RFE March 2005, sent response in Apr. 2005
I-140 enquiry sent in May 2005, no response from USCIS
I-140 approved May 31st, 2005
I-485 Received I-797C for biometrics
I-485 Approval ???

Does anyone know why they needed my biometrics again? We had our fingerprinting done twice before, first when we applied for I-140 and 2nd when renewed our EADs and AP.

Hi, ohdwell,

My case is very similar with yours, can I ask how you send the enquiry? By your attorny, your company, or yourself.

Thanks, you from ohio too.

It was my attorney who sent the enquiry; however, we never received any response from USCIS against that. My 1-140 LUD never changed after the enquiry and got an email for the approval this week.

Anyone has idea why they need biometrics again? I filed concurrently and was hoping that my 485 would be appvoed automatically once my I-140 is approved...

Congratulations ohdwell,

On your 140 approval, the 485 will follow soon. Surely for you, the GC saga is coming to an end.

Good luck.

DIGS
EB3, India
RD Apr04
140 ??

I received it on May 31st. Actually, I went to the application support center today BEFORE my appointment date, nobody looked at the appointment date on the notice and took both mine and my wife's fingerprints and picture. I don't have much time left on my 6th year H-1B and did not want to delay it any further. I heard that some application support centers do not allow you to walk in before your appointment date though.

ohdwell,

Another question for you:

1> When did you send your I-140 RFE?
2> What is the officer code on your RFE, that is the last line on the RFE page under Don's siganature.

Thanks a lot.

Sorry, I do not remember the code at this time. RFE response was sent in late March. I will look up the code tonight and will post it here soon.

I just got an email from USCIS that the processing has resumed on my I-485 case; it was "pending review" since July last year... oh a sigh of relief. I was constantly under the impression that my name check is pending, called FBI twice but never emailed them. They said my name check request was sent back to USCIS the day following my finger prints.

If it has been more than a year since your last FP, then they need one again ! maybe FPs change over time??!!

ohdwell said:
My journey to Green Card-- getting closer Hello everyone,

I'm a long time user of this forum and would like to share my experience now.

RIR-EB3

LC RD Dec. 31, 2001
LC Approved March 2004
I-140/485 RD Apr. 2004
I-140 RFE March 2005, sent response in Apr. 2005
I-140 enquiry sent in May 2005, no response from USCIS
I-140 approved May 31st, 2005
I-485 Received I-797C for biometrics
I-485 Approval ???

Does anyone know why they needed my biometrics again? We had our fingerprinting done twice before, first when we applied for I-140 and 2nd when renewed our EADs and AP.