My Interview Experience .....

kromix

Registered Users (C)
Done deal. Interview Complete! Already back from my interview. Here is the report.

Arrived at the facility in West Kendall at 8:15-8:20. Appointment at 8:55 AM.

Checked in and was given a number. I sat in the waiting room for people to be called (not in order, each person is assigned to an IO).

While I was waiting I spoke to the guy who checked me in and asked about the frequency of the Oaths, and he said they occur very often, sometimes multiple ones a day, He said they do 10+ a month. I asked if there was a 'backlog' after interview, and he said no, its very streamlined. I was excited, went back to sit...

Was called in about 8:40 by my IO. Nice guy, younger (early 30's), had every football helmet (mini) in the NFL, Kobe Bryant and Joker (McFarlane figures), seemed very relaxed.

We went over all of the questions to confirm they were the same (N-400 Questions, ie: Have you ever been a part of a communist party, have you ever smuggled drugs into the country, smuggled immigrants, etc...)

Once that was done we began the test....

I got the first 6 right, and we were done, my questions were:

Who is the Governer of your State?
What is one promise you make when you become a U.S Citizen?
Where is the Statue of Liberty?
What was the Movement to end slavery?
who was the first president of the United States?
Name 2 Federal Holidays?

Got those 6 questions right, moved to the written/oral.

I had to read "Who lives in the White House?"

and had to write "The President lives in the White House."

After that I handed him $500 and he took out of his drawer the APPROVED stamp. (Just kidding, I didn't hand him $500 wink.gif lol.... So after the sentance he stamped approved on my case and handed me a N-652 With Congratulations and you have been approved checked off.

He had me sign my pictures, and sign that my information was correct. In the silence of him processing my stuff and scanning, he asked me if I still work at my job. I immediately thought great, I can build some rapport to ask him some questions later, so we talked about that, then talked about marriage (I am getting married soon) so he said "Congratulations, or sorry to hear that, whichever is the case, and laughed)... So I laughed and then I knew he was comfortable with me, and I asked the situation of Oath's here....

He said they just got done with a a few the last week, and I will be done by the end of the month for sure, earliest next week or the week after I should be in for one, he doesn't know the exact date, they set dates based on how many people they have approved waiting for Oath.

Interview Appt at 8:55, back in the office writing this at 9:25
The End!

After that I handed him $500 and he took out of his drawer the APPROVED stamp. (Just kidding, I didn't hand him $500 wink.gif lol....
Interview Appt at 8:55, back in the office writing this at 9:25
The End!

:D:D:D, its good you fought the urge to take out those five "hundred dollar" bills sticking out your pocket. :D

Are you sure that is the question? I thought it should be

What was the Movement to racial discrmination?

Whichever it is, that was the question asked, thats what I remember, I'm sure he asked me the one exactly written in the study guide...