• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

My interview experience

joumanjie

Registered Users (C)
First of all i want to thanks all the members of this forum for their information and supports,

My case number is AS142XX, i was current in August 2008 and my interview was Scheduled on August 14 in US Embassy in Riyadh Saudi Arabia.
My wife is the primary applicant.

we reached the embassy (my wife, me and my 2 daughters) at 1:20 pm and our interview was scheduled at 1:30pm,
they gave us a number and it was (802) after passing all the security checks and got into the embassy, that day there was only 4 applying for immigration,
but i don't know if they are DV or other.

At 2:30 our number appearing on counter number 8,
when we reached there he asked us for the interview appointment paper, we gave it to him and he went for 1 minute and show up with a file containing the papers which we sent them earlier to KCC.
after the welcome he immediately told us:

you have to pay 3100$ and it is nonrefundable are you sure you are qualified and you want to go with the process??
we told him yes we think we are qualified and we hope everything will go well.
he gave me a paper and he ask me to go to counter 4 and pay the money and give him back the receipt.

after giving back the receipt he started collecting papers.
he started with my wife:
birth certificate original copy and a copy of it
marriage certificate original copy and a copy of it
police records for my origin country and from Saudi Arabia only original copies
university Degree original copy and a copy of it
than he asked her for the affidavit of Support but she show him our saving account bank statement for the past 10 years and one for the last 5 years to choose between them, he took both of them and original copies only.

he asked her if she is working in Saudi arabia and if she has a letter showing her salary but she reply to him that she don't have a such paper because it was not mentioned in the list of documents required.

than he started with me in the same sequence before but he didn't accept my original birth certificate as it was not clear and he took instead my identity card and a copy of it.
he asked me about a letter from my work with my salary and i gave him the same answer given by my wife.
than he stared with the kids and he told us to sit and wait until they call my wife name.

around 3:30 an American nice women called us to counter number 10,
she start looks into the papers and asked my wife,
what is your profession?
computer teacher
since when?
i have a 10 years experience
what are you going to work there?
computer teacher
to which state are you planing to go?
Texas
Why?
my brother in low is living there
since when?
more than 20 years.
the lady told here oh my goodness
my wife replied : he was so lucky
than the lady told her you will be lucky.
are you going to live with him in the same house?
no we will rent an apartment
when are you planing to leave?
ASAP to follow the school for the kids.

than the lady took her finger prints and the oath,gave my wife the paper to sign and told her to sit, and then she called me to the window.
same procedure for me, finger prints and oath, she asked me what are you planing to work there, i told her i'm an IT guy and i can manage myself there, she asked is this the address where you want the green card to be mailed? i told her yes.
she gave me the paper to sign it and she asked me to show her the kids, she gave me all the original copies without the police certificates and the statement of account,and she told me congratulation but the kids photos are not recent and i have to bring new photos for them, she draw for me a map where there is a photo studio near the embassy and told me to go there immediately to take a new pictures for the kids and bring it back to her as soon as possible and that what i did.
after submitting the new pictures she gave me a receipt for the passports and she told me that the process will take approximately 1 week.

on the afternoon of august 16th we received a call from the embassy that our passports are ready to collect.
yesterday i collect all the passports with the visas stamps.
and that is all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulation......I need your help

First of all congratulation for your wining and hope the best for the rest of your life .
I need your help please :
I won DV 2009 and my wife is the primary applicant , our case number 35** , we are from Egypt , I want your help in the next :
1- did i have to bring with me to interview the affidavit of Support because i do not have enough money in my bank ?
2- when we fill all form like DS 230 i write my father address because our address is so difficult to reach , so is there any problem because our ID has our address not my father address .....?
3-did they ask you about your address in the interview ?
4-in the 2NL did you receive form for every member in your family ...because i have a little baby (3 month) ?
5- my wife has BC degree but she is not working .. is there any problem ?
your replay will help me so much