My Interview Experience.

luckyjack

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
Today I went for the citizen ship interview and a lady called me 10 minutes before the actual scheduled time. Well,
I went inside and she asked quite a few questions about American history and government. But I did not answer few questions. I thought I will be asked only those flash card questions,but to my surprise she asked other questions too. The questions that I did not answer are given below,

Are president and vice president elected at the same time ?
What is the term of the vice president?
What is the term of the chief justice ?

After that,she asked me about my job and then finally she gave me a letter by ticking the following option.

You Passed the test of English and US history and goverment.

Then of the two options below, she ticked the option B.

A) Congraulations! Your application has been recommended for approval.

B) A decision cannot yet be made about your application.

In the first option, it felt like she signed and striked it off. I dont know what that means and I did not ask her what it is. Somehow I felt she did not like being asked too many questions and I did not want to risk her anger. Can some one share their ideas on this.

She asked me if I have any vacation plan in the next 3 months to which I said I am not sure ,but I finally said at this point I dont have any such plans.
And then she said the oath letters can come in the next 3 months and they would give a nice 2 & 1/2 week notice for attending the oath. She said the next thing for me is to wait for the oath letter.

So guys, do you think everything is ok here. If so, when will the oath letter arrive? Please share your ideas and opinions about this.

Thanks.

Just a quick addition. I got the N-652 letter,the above content was there in the N-652 letter. I am pretty sure,there is something here right?

Well as far as I know after you see the IO it will go to their "Supervisor" or someone like it. Maybe you will hear from them again or you do get your Oath Letter. I think usually when you get that B Section checked they tell you why or tell you to bring additional Info. Did she say anything ?

Ticked option B does that mean she checked that one so basically your form says now a decision can not yet be made ?

Where was your interview (what DO)

Hi Luckyjack
Where was your interview (what DO) can you specify please. Some DO dont have the same day oath.

thanks

srocket,thanks for the response.
Sorry I did not mention it previously. My interview was in the san jose office. Yeah as my message indicates, they dont do the same day oath. But is that the reason,why they cannot make a decision about my application.
Or alternatively ,only after the oath is made, they will be "recommended for approval".
Please respond. thanks.

PHP:
But is that the reason,why they cannot make a decision about my application. 
Or alternatively ,only after the oath is made, they will be "recommended for approval".

My Interview didn't have same day oath and I got Congrats. You are recommended. I have no idea what yours means

the lady scribbled something which looked ssomething like pending. she was a crippled lady and I am not able to make up what she has written. do you think ican go back to the office and ask them.

Hi Luckyjack
Did you travel outside US after filing N400? If so they might want to verify that.
This is just my guess. I am not an expert.
Wish you all the best.

Yes I did travel right after I applied for citizenship. In fact right after I got receipt notice on 03/07/07,
I left US on 03/23/07 and came back on 04/26/07.
And she was particularly asking about that question as well,but I dont know if that is reason. If that is reason, what is the issue now, how much time does it take to verify. can you please share your ideas.

02/28/2007 : Mailed to CSC
03/7/2007 : Notice/receive Date
05/09/2007 : FP Done.
11/05/2007 : Interview Appointment

I am planning to take an infopass and check it out,please do share your ideas.
Thanks.

I agree with Srocket but I could not tell you how long it would take them. Best of luck to you !
Let us know how your Infopass turned out .... when is it anyway ?

Well,I took the infopass and they said the application was approved on the same day of the interview,may be they just needed to check something. They told me ,that application is approved and just wait for the oath letter.
Thanks for your comments.