My interview experience

em_2005

Registered Users (C)
I just wanted to share with everyone some info about my GC interview.

Me and my wife arrived to the Denver USCIS office about 20 minutes prior to our scheduled time, and waited for about 45 minutes before the immigration officer called us in. She was very nice and once we got into her office we both had to raise our right hand and swear to tell the truth.
She then asked each of us if we had been married before and confirmed our current address. She asked to see the evidence of marriage and we handed her the copies of some of our bills and joint account info which she just barely glanced over and said that she was aproving our relationship petition (I-130)
She then verified the income for I-864 and asked me a few questions from the application. After finishing with thise she said she was aproving the case, that I should get my GC in mail within 2 weeks and that i would be able to apply to become USC 3 years from today. I asked her if she could stamp my passport because we needed to travel out of country next week and she did that without any problems.
This was a very pleasant experience and i hope everyone else gets through their interviews as quickly as i did (the whole interview lasted less than 10 minutes).

Me and my wife have been married for over 4 years, and we do have a 16 month old child together so that might have been the reason she didn't really try to question the validity of our marriage.

H1B married to USC
RD: 10-3-05
ND: 10-11-05
FP: 1-11-06
ID: 2-2-06
DO: Denver, CO

Congrats!!! I had my interview today in Hartford....FBI name check pending, I'm very happy for you.

Wow ! You are Speedy Gonzalez !! :p . Congrats to you ! It's always nice to hear good news about interview ! For those who have name check pending, hang in there !
After reading SOOOO many interview experiences over this past few days, I am really impatient to go to ours (my son's and mine ) :D .

Ema.