My I 765 check has been rejected for extra remittances

The beat

I’ve applied for asylum since 2015 and had my interview in 2019. The officer said that my results will mailed to me within 30 days but for a year I didn’t hear about it. So I decided to send a mail to the Uscis regarding my application then they reached out back to me saying that my case were still pending. Fees weeks later I got an update on my Uscis online account telling me that my case were being processed. For months I didn’t heard anything the. I had to renew my EAD and couple weeks later I received an I 797 c rejection form with my money order returned: Recently, you submitted an application for immigration benefits. That form was submitted with an extra remittance that is not required to process this application. If you submitted a G-1450 it has been destroyed and will not be returned to you. Otherwise, your payment is being returned to you with this notice. No additional action by you is required at this time.
I’m so worried about it and I would like to know the meaning of that action. If anyone experienced the the, your advice will be welcome

Do does it went through for him?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This is an immigration lawyer’s website. You can ask about this with him. It is just similar to this forum but he’s the only one who answers everyone’s questions. A small help from my side

Last edited by a moderator: