• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

My GC came by someone who does not want to give it to me????

eristovska

I won a GC on a lottery. When I did the application forms I put the address of one relative of mine (with his permission). But latter he did not want to be my sponsor and I had a new sponsor. But because his address was on the application form they send the GC to him. Now he does not want to give them to me. He says he is waiting to gat a call from Immigration office (I now he will never get that call). What should I do?

What he is doing is illegal. Call him and tell him to give the GC to you or you will call CIS. If he does not give you the card, call CIS and tell them what happened.

eristovska said:
I won a GC on a lottery. When I did the application forms I put the address of one relative of mine (with his permission). But latter he did not want to be my sponsor and I had a new sponsor. But because his address was on the application form they send the GC to him. Now he does not want to give them to me. He says he is waiting to gat a call from Immigration office (I now he will never get that call). What should I do?

I am not sure what country are you from.
For Ukrainian citizens this problems can be resolved relatively easy:
http://kiev.usembassy.gov/visa_dvwarn_eng.html
Try to search your country US consulate website for similar information.

You can try to call KCC at 1-606-526-7500 or FAX: 1-606-526-7501 your request to re-send your packet to a different address.

Or you can try to email your request to KCC DV [KCCDV@state.gov]

is a federal crime:

"Correspondence Violation

Invade and disclose the content of sealed correspondence, addressed to someone else; Sanction: confinement of 1 (one) to 6 (six) months, or fine.

Withholding or destruction of correspondence

Section 1: In the same sanction to:
I – whom unrighteously takes possession of alien correspondence,
even though not sealed and, completely or in part, withhold or
destroy it;"