MY experience with the I-90 ....Be prepared is the advice...

Ashish Narang

Registered Users (C)
Hey everyone.
I would just like to narrate the experience that I had filing my I-90(name mispelt)
I had a case where my wife\'s name was mispelt(just one letter though), but its better to get the things fixed.
Anyway, we went to the INS office in Arlington, VA for filing the I-90. Although my wife\'s passpot had her correct name(after marriage, we got it endorsed on her PP), i had to return back as the INS officer demanded the Marriage certificate (for her correct name after marriage).
So please take a notarized copy of the paper that shows the correct name(birth certificate, marrieage certificate..any legal "acceptable " document that proves her name that you want on the card)
Regarding the fees -- The first time I went the lady said i have to pay the fees of 110US$(she was unfriendly as well).. the next time we went there was another officer and did not even ask for the fees. To avoid any hassels at a later stage.. I asked him if we needed to pay anything and he politly said that "its INS\'s Mistake..no fees is required". SO take your pick. YOu might want to keep your chequebook handy as they were only accepting personal cheques besides , M-orders, Cerified cheques. But this can be different for different offices.
Not to mention that the website says that they accept walk ins till 9:00am. even though we were there at 8:20AM - stood in the Q for 50 minutes and when reached the counter then we were not allowed. Also this had to happen when my wife is 7 months pregnent.
SO be prepared(take all the relevent documents & reach on time..) and hope you have a better experience then what i have had.

Have a wonderful New year...

cheers

a
Hope this is of some help.

Fee for photoes as well?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I have a question.

INS sent a letter to my wife asking her to goto INS office with 2 gc-style photoes.It seems INS misplaced her photoes.There is no mention of fees anywhere in the letter.Do we still have to pay fees?

Appreciate your response,

Thanks

Hey Kumar_123

I dont think so. If its there mistake, then there is no fee involved. But better make sure from the local INS office. I dont know what to expect anymore.

Take care