My experience with Ombudsman so far

futureuscitizen

Registered Users (C)
Well they initiated a status update request of my case and asked for a copy of the letter back to the ombudsmans office. well the 45 day due date has passed and we both haven't received a reply from NYC fed plaza. So at this point I received a reply from ombdusman saying that they have initiated a second request with a request for expedited handling of the matter.

if I am not recieving anything for any of the high level requests (service request, vice president, congressman, senator, ombudsman, (forget about infopass- i dont want to go thru that in NYC), what could be the reason for them not to reply.? any comments?

I got a response both from my congressman and one of my senators (here in TX). In both cases, their web site had an "immigration issue" section with a form to fill out and fax back to them.

In both cases, I followed the instructions, waited a couple or three weeks and then politely phoned back and asked to speak to the local immigration aid. In both cases, I got a reply a week or two after that (the congressman's aid's reply wasn't wonderfully useful (it told me everything I had already figured out and told me that there were "thousands" of people ahead of me in the line)). The senator's aid got me my interview.