My Experience Travelling on Advanced Parole

kasri

Registered Users (C)
I have just returned from a trip to India (via Amsterdam) using my Advanced Parole. My port of entry (POE) was detroit and everything went pretty smoothly.

The immigration officer basically asked for,

1) Passport
2) Advanced Parole document
3) Filled new I-94 forum
4) Filled Customs declaration forum

The office stamped the Advanced Parole, passport and stapled the I-94 to my passport ... thats it :)

Nits:
----
1) When I applied for Advanced Parole, I received two copies of the Advanced Parole. I have also read in this forum that some members got three copies of the Advanced parole. In any case, I gave both copies to the immigration officer, and he only took one. He stamped the other one and gave it back to me.

2) My advanced parole is for multiple entry. I asked the immigration officer if I need to use the unstamped Advanced Parole when I go out of USA the next time, and he mentioned that I only need to bring the Stamped Advanced parole and they would stamp on it again.

To be safe, I would recommend everyone to carry all copies of the Advanced Parole with them when the travel outside the country.

Hope this helps.

Note sure what you mean by a Secondary Inspection

In detroit POE, they do have a special counter for Advanced Paroles.

First, one has to go through a regular counter (intended for non-citizens/non-green card holder), where they examine the documents and then send you to this special counter. At this counter, the immigration officer basically asks for the Passport and Advanced parole and stamps them.

ok thats is secondary inspection then

Ok thats what i was asking .. Its a pain everytime to go thru the secondary inspection ..

In detroit POE, they do have a special counter for Advanced Paroles.

First, one has to go through a regular counter (intended for non-citizens/non-green card holder), where they examine the documents and then send you to this special counter. At this counter, the immigration officer basically asks for the Passport and Advanced parole and stamps them.