my experience at local INS

crazyxGC

Registered Users (C)
Today I went to INS after receiving an appointment card from my local denver INS for interview for my EAD extension.
To make the story short, I filed my 2nd EAD jan 03 to TSC, this got transfered to El Paso TX for interview by a very confused TSC officer. I went to Denver INS for 90 day interim EAD and have them requested my file.
I waited two hours (despite I was cited to go w/ appt), and I was called in for photo and FP for my new card without any interview. The new card was for another 90 days. I refused to sign the card and requested to have the card revise to 1 yr. later, another officer gave me a next day appt to talk to the original officer who gave me the appt, because this person was not in today. I told this officer to take the proper time and review my file, I got all the documentation w/ me and I want my 12 month card today because I could not afford to miss work again. Another hour went by, I was called in again for photo and FP for the 12 month card. What a ordeal!
Sometime I think I am been purposely target by INS. No one want to work and be responsible!

Thanks for the information about the local INS experience. My ND for I-485 is September 2001, I did my first FP in March 2003, and I learned from the INS website that my case have been transfered to local Miami INS in April 2003. But neither my lawyer nor I have reveived a written transfer notice in mail. I received my second FP notice for June 2003, my lawyer told me to ignor it, but I still went to have my second FP done. In July 2003, the on-line message from INS website changed to something like "FP received, pending review...". I am wondering where is my I-485 file now, I don't have anything to prove it get transfered to Miami, I am regreting of not printing the on-line message about transfer.
Now it's time for me to apply my third EAD, should I file it to Texas or local INS? I am worring my EAD might get transfered to local INS if I file to Texas. CrazyxGC, would you please let me know whether you EAD get transfered due to the transfer of I-485?

Thanks a lot.

Maomao88

MaoMao88:
You have to make sure that your case is relocated to the local Miami center first. If it is, your AP and EAD renew application will be transferred also. I filed my 2nd EAD in mid Dec. last year (485 transferred in April last year), got transferred on April this year. Then in June, I got the notice for EAD interview on Aug 11(next Monday). So my experience is to file at Miami office directly. If you file in person, an officer is able to tell you where your case is, and if you can file in Miami office.
tt

I agree w/ tt.
My I-485 is still pending @TSC. My EAD extension was originally filed to TSC and then transfered to "local" office for interview by a no brainer from TSC.
I was in Denver INS three times for this ordeal. When you go there without an appt, you need to wait on line to get a number from the checkin window. The person in that window actually is able to access all you file. In my case, I was told exactly when my EAD file was transfered to El Paso, and that later Denver INS requested El Paso my file and who requested. You could get pretty much same info as you would have call the ex-214-381-1423 IIO.
I got big help from my Senator Allard's office. Their office called Denver INS to retrieve my file which was traveling around the country. What it reallly "pizzmeoff" was, the FILE was only a piece of paper. they could retrieve all my info thru the computer and there was no need to wait for the little piece of paper to arrive. Again, to feed the hungry people in INS, creating more useless jobs, give them something to do. the burocracy in action.