my EAD mess

coco199832

Registered Users (C)
I am a October'01 filter. My case still pending. What drive me crazy also is my EAD card.

I applied 1st. EAD when I sent out my I-485 application last year. Have never received EAD. it kept saying " after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready" when I check status. My attorney didn't call INS because he didn't want to waste time keep dialing them. Instead he asked me to send in extension application for EAD this July, noting that I haven't receive the 1st. EAD. This time, INS cashed fee again, sent me an EAD with new receipt #, but dated from 12/01 to 12/02. My attorney didn't pay attention. They told me that INS will send a new card before this EAD expires. Until today I found out that INS is sending this card with new receipt.

Now they asked me to send another extension again ($270 again: application fee + lawyer fee). Isn't this insane?

Anyone has better idea?

:confused: :mad:

Originally posted by waitinNJ
I am really happy with the services of my lawyer.
very responsive and geneuine.

Alan Heckler - www.aheckler.com

BTW no fee for EAD extension

This guy's OK, not too good. His paralegal is good, but total communication gap between lawyer and staff. Didn't find him very responsive and genuine. Filed LC without RIR. Later, tried for RIR without any success. Wasn't very helpful when serious problems cropped up. This was my experience, yours could be different.

Originally posted by coco199832
I am a October'01 filter. My case still pending. What drive me crazy also is my EAD card.

I applied 1st. EAD when I sent out my I-485 application last year. Have never received EAD. it kept saying " after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready" when I check status. My attorney didn't call INS because he didn't want to waste time keep dialing them. Instead he asked me to send in extension application for EAD this July, noting that I haven't receive the 1st. EAD. This time, INS cashed fee again, sent me an EAD with new receipt #, but dated from 12/01 to 12/02. My attorney didn't pay attention. They told me that INS will send a new card before this EAD expires. Until today I found out that INS is sending this card with new receipt.

Now they asked me to send another extension again ($270 again: application fee + lawyer fee). Isn't this insane?

Anyone has better idea?

:confused: :mad:

File the EAD yourself. Faster and cheaper. Just fill out the application in Acrobat and mail it to your closest INS Service Center with copies of your supporting documentation. Costs only $120 + mailing charges.

Visakh_99

Yes, only $120 INS fee , no chrage for his paper work.

mavishka

His staff has been very prompt from beginning in my case.
anyway, my case is not so complex.

Originally posted by coco199832
...Now they asked me to send another extension again ($270 again: application fee + lawyer fee). Isn't this insane?

Anyone has better idea?

coco199832, sorry to hear your EAD confusion. i am a bit confused. your first ead fee was cashed and the message DID say 'after approving...' meaning that the lawyer did send the first application correctly. the right thing to do at that time was to call the iio and ask them to investigate why you have not received the card. rather your lawyer asked you to apply again - this way he got more money and he did not have to call iio. but then INS sent you the EAD for the original dates. meaning ins got confused as to which application they are processing. it is possible because ins does not process ead renewal application until there are so many days left on your original ead. but then again your lawyer screwed up and did not call iio. he should be doing that. this is why that sucker is charging you money. it certainly seems he is greedy and incompetent.

unfortunately, now there is not much time left, and you will need to file again. like others have suggested, you should rather file it yourslef. it is easy and fast. there are many threads that talk about the application and requried documents etc.

if your ead does not expire until end of december, one thing that you can do is to call iio and ask them why have you not received the original ead. but i am not sure if they are competent enough to understand your situation and relate the two applications etc. the safest way is to spend $120 and apply yourself.

i am assuming you are working on EAD and not h1.