My EAD application was returned. Unapproved but not denied.

rs008f

Registered Users (C)
My whole package of application, forms I-538 and I-765, for an EAD was returned along with the money order today. In the message it did not say denied. I have completed my college education and had applied for practical training. I sent it in late April but I complete all course requirements in early March. It was over 30 days due to reasons beyond my control; my Passport was with the embassy being renewed. My I-20 and current EAD ends May 31 2002. It mentions in the note that I should go and speak to the ISO in my school but I know they\'ll just say it was rejected. Can I just go to my local INS center and apply in person?

Can I apply to a graduate school even if I can\'t supply a transcript?

I owe the school money and hence they won\'t give me a transcript so I can apply for graduate school. Is there anyway else I can apply to graduate school?

Which rule is right?

Am I supposed to leave the country once I completed my degree requirements or when my I-20 expires? I completed my deg. reg. before the date on the I-20.

Have you "graduated"?

You may have completed course reqs. for your degree but have you filed for "official graduation" to get the diploma? If not then you can

1. Enroll for some summer courses

2. Get your passport back

3. Pay your dues to the school

4. Then apply for graduate program

otherwise

5. Apply again for EAD (EAD/OPT is once in a life time deal)

With your school ID even if you apply for the graduate program they can see that you owe some money and your admission can be denied and you could be out of status.

Yes I have.

I attended the ceremony but they didn\'t give me the diploma since I owe the school money. I guess I have to speak to a lawyer. The final option would be to go back home and once I have the money, come back here and pay it off.

Better payoff here

It may be a good idea to payoff your dues to the school now. You never know with new INS-University reporting requirements you will have a file that is flagged and may not get another F1 visa for a graduate program.

Sorry I really have no funds now.

After the Asian Economic crisis, my family is literally having insufficient funds. I was wondering if the US government can help in this case, like authorizing me an EAD. I\'ll have to speak to an immigration lawyer......

EAD difficult after you have graduated

You school could have helped in applying for economic hardship and EAD. But after graduation chances are very remote that you can use this reason. Consulting a lawyer is your best option under the circumstances.