My case status ... some progress

patienceGC

Registered Users (C)
I guess...

I called the office today.

Apparently an A-file is created after the I-140 is approved ( I have no idea what the A-file is). Its is very common for a center to have a permanent A-file and a temporary A-file. Previously they were allowed to make decisions based on the temporary A-file. But in January headquarters had made it mandatory to use the permanent A-file. My permanent A-file was at the National record center and was shipped on 10th. And so it will take 1-2 weeks before the officer gets the file and a little more time until he makes a decision. But the IIO did confirm that it is being looked at and that the officer had requested the file.

So that’s where it stands. Don’t know if this helps anyone else but its something I didn’t know about.

Thanks

Did you change from CP to AOS or something like that? Isn't the A-number a result of the A-file? Maybe I am too wishful here in thinking that there is order and logic in the way INS (BCIS) works.

Originally posted by patienceGC
I guess...

I called the office today.

Apparently an A-file is created after the I-140 is approved ( I have no idea what the A-file is). Its is very common for a center to have a permanent A-file and a temporary A-file. Previously they were allowed to make decisions based on the temporary A-file. But in January headquarters had made it mandatory to use the permanent A-file. My permanent A-file was at the National record center and was shipped on 10th. And so it will take 1-2 weeks before the officer gets the file and a little more time until he makes a decision. But the IIO did confirm that it is being looked at and that the officer had requested the file.

So that’s where it stands. Don’t know if this helps anyone else but its something I didn’t know about.

Thanks

I-140 approval

I checked my I-140 just now... it says " the petition indicates that the wonderful person for whom you are petitioning is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status" .... go figure :(

Re: I-140 approval

See, there's the problem...They were thinking of a "wonderful person," and not you :p
J/k, dude!

Originally posted by patienceGC
I checked my I-140 just now... it says " the petition indicates that the wonderful person for whom you are petitioning is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status" .... go figure :(

maybe they thought you were a norse god

Since you are the Chief of Valhalla, they are scared they have to use nice adjectives to describe you lest they incur the wrath of Thor.

Re: maybe they thought you were a norse god

Originally posted by schandrag
Since you are the Chief of Valhalla, they are scared they have to use nice adjectives to describe you lest they incur the wrath of Thor.

Actually Odin!

when i called INS they said patiencegc's gc will be denied, based on the fact that he has submitted frodulant docs.
be prepare for that buddy, they know abt you, i guess.