My case is with an officer 5/24

becky

Registered Users (C)
I have a question.

My lawyer told me that my case is with an IIO as of 5/24 and he expects some action (RFE, adjudication) in a "few weeks." Has anyone else been told this by their lawyer, and if so, what is a few weeks and what action was taken?

thanks,

becky
WAC 02 124

how does he know...lier's are lawyers....ppl had been told there cases were with iio and they still r waiting for 6 months. Unless something u see on paper do't trust.

IIO takes couple of weeks to process one case?

Did I hear right? I mean does the IIO take like two weeks to process
one single case?

Becky

Did you have any update on "case touch" dates. Last you told us, your case was touched on 05/08. So if your case wasnt touched again, probably it is still lying on some table since then.

Touch Date

My touch date was updated to 6/3 on the day I got word from my lawyer, but the notice is still the one about having received my set of fingerprints in Jan 04.

becky
wac 02 124 5

becky said:
IBM 101, I am an EB1 -- like you I think.

becky
wac 02 124 5

Hey! Becky:

U EB1 me EB1.... guess what my touch date 6 3 04 (last touch date 5 4 04)... My luck not that great............keeping fingers crossed... actually I sent a fax may be that's why they just touched my case to make me feel a bit happy...otherwise I do not have any hope....from these BCIS people coz' of their non-chronological processing..

Good luck to u...

wac 02 151 5XXXX

Last edited by a moderator:
becky said:
My touch date was updated to 6/3 on the day I got word from my lawyer, but the notice is still the one about having received my set of fingerprints in Jan 04.
becky
wac 02 124 5
It seems very similar to my case.
You may receive e-mail, that your case has been approved on 6/3/2004, today (or tomorrow).
For the detail of my case, visit my approval thread at:
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=125625&page=9&pp=15#post782884

becky, lawyers tend to be conservative in estimates. "Few weeks" could really be a few days. My unsubstantiated theory is that when a case is assigned to an officer, if the application has met all the requirements (e.g. valid FP, not a questionable employer in terms of ability to pay, etc.), it is approved immediately. Most cases are doomed because they never get to an officer.

Your approval could be just a few days away. Here is wishing you good luck! :)

BTW, your lawyer actually calls you and gives you information? Wow!

Hi Becky,

Sometimes as we have seen with certain folks here, you might get a snail mail with approval notice but the online status would never change unlike what Kashmir suggested.

So keep fingers crossed, you might receive a postal mail today or tomorrow and leap in joy.

My Best Wishes and Prayers for Your Approval.

Cheers
Golu

My Lawyer...

I am lucky, I have an immigration lawyer I like. He likes email like me (I dislike the telephone), and sends me responses to questions I have. He has friendly staff as well, so I count myself very lucky.

becky

Thanks all

Crappy as this experience is, I have to say it's a lot better since I "met" you all on the bulletin boards. I feel that I'm not alone.

Greencards for one and all!

becky

i know the feeling....seeing looser like ourselves in even shitter situations feels even better :) is that what u are trying to say....:D :D

becky said:
Crappy as this experience is, I have to say it's a lot better since I "met" you all on the bulletin boards. I feel that I'm not alone.

Greencards for one and all!

becky

Almost similar situation, but EB3 case, RFE/2FP done

becky said:
My lawyer told me that my case is with an IIO as of 5/24 and he expects some action (RFE, adjudication) in a "few weeks." Has anyone else been told this by their lawyer, and if so, what is a few weeks and what action was taken?

Back in April (4/08/04), my lawyer informed me that he spoke with IIO and said that case has been pulled for adjudication. After that touch date changed 3 times. Last one is 4/28/04. More than month passed...no changes in case status.

Myxa

Myxa said:
Back in April (4/08/04), my lawyer informed me that he spoke with IIO and said that case has been pulled for adjudication. After that touch date changed 3 times. Last one is 4/28/04. More than month passed...no changes in case status.

Myxa

:mad: :eek: :mad: These stupid BCIS people...they should all be hanged to gallows....then we r free