My 485 Approved.....I need some help

Raju_000

Registered Users (C)
Finally it got approved. Thanks everybody on this forum for excellent information and support. One thing I learned from this forum was to do regular follow-up with the immigration officer.

Here are my case details
EB3 - India
PD: 01/98
ND: 11/99 from TSC
FP : 2nd on 11/01
EAD : Received 3rd EAD
Got approval letter today for me and my family at our Dallas c/o address.

I changed my employer after 8 months of filing my 485. I took a new job in California, which is similar to the job for which my application was filed. I used my EAD at this job.

Currently I am in California. Here are my questions.
1. Can I go to any local INS office in California or do I need to go to Dallas INS office for stamping.
2. I didn\'t inform INS about change of employer. Will this be a problem.
3. Do I need to take any letter from my current or previous employer? I have a good relation with my previous employer too.

Anybody had to go through similar scenario? I appreciate the help from all the folks.

You can try

I will go to Santa Ana INS for stamp even the approve notice ask me to go LA INS. Which would be ok per some\'s experience. But since yours is for Dallas, it might different. But it won\'t hurt to give a try.

I have seen posts where folks who got approved in other states

have done stamping in California.
So, I think it should be OK.

soi

No Title

Raju_000

As I485Waiter2001 and sonofindia wrote, Yes, you can goto local INS for stamping. But based on recent developments with INS please think about the following:
1. One need to notify Address change to INS within 10 days (never enforced before but it seems now they may be a bit more serious on this subject).
2. The chance of happening this is very rare but the officer may question about new job and (INS can question any immigrant at any time) when you changed the job etc. etc. It did happend to one of my friend but not in California though!

Bottom line when there is no fraud involved local INS cannot do any thing apart from stamping and your case looks just normal to me. Once you get your passport stamped please share your experience with us.

Good luck
PCee