Must read if you think your file is transferred to an incorrect local office ..

SumanOjha

Registered Users (C)
hi, I would like to share my experience regarding "file transfer to local office" to "speed" processing ...etc ..

Case Details - (Employment based GC, NSC, 485 ND - Sep 2002)
My wife's case (485 - Sep 2002) was transferred to the Milwaukee local office on the 26th July 2004, a week after mine was approved by the NSC. Since we live in Wisconsin we had no doubt that there was nothing wrong with transferring the case to Milwaukee, WI district office.
there was a general understanding that it would take around 6 months so no red flags so far.
However, I found it strange that when I went to the USCIS website and entered my zip code I found that my area lies under St. Paul MN. (Strange I thought! but still no red flags ..!!) I did not have a cause of worry since my approval letter also asked me to go to Milwaukee office for stamping and I went and got duely stamped ( was not redirected to the St. paul office).

However, today after nearly six months of waiting we decided to drive down 3 hours ( one way) to Milwaukee to inquire about our case and guess what? - We were told that the file had been moved a week ago to St. Paul because that is where it should have been sent in the first place. So after 6 months someone had a look at the file and decided based on the zip code that the file should be sent to the district office under whose jurisdiction it falls. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I would strongly suggest all of you who have their cases transferred to local office and as per the website the local office seems to be different that the one the case is sent to, please contact ANYBODY you can to know what will happen..
My opinion was that the jurisdiction can be overturned by the Nebraska office and the district office should not be the one looking into the matter of jurisdiction. But, in my case that did not turn out to be true.

I also don't know if, the fact that I went and got my stamping from Milwaukee (while my zip code falls under St. Paul MN), is causing a delay in my actual card. It has been 6 months and I have not heard about it.
Anybody has information on whether the card is sent by the district office where you get your stamping or by the regional Office (NSC in my case) or from some other god forsaken place ??
Would be grateful to know that !

thanks,
Suman