Murthy\'s Answer to 485 delays at all service centers please read her chat transcripts at least 4 pe

Thambi123

Registered Users (C)
In this weeks murthy chat http://www.murthy.com/chat0429.html
  at least 4 poeple asked about 485 delays, muthy\'sanswer was this is normal delay and they have not stopped 485 processing and infact they have been receving aprovals from all the centers. I hope I will recieve my approval too.
 Thambi.

Sorry, INS !

People in the immigration business ( Sheela Murthy et al ) have got so used to INS not working that an obvious slow-down in approvals for over a month at all centers is considered "normal" by them. I guess it\'s our ( hapless victims of the system ) fault for having got used to the recent increased speed of approvals as " normal". My apologies to INS for having extraordinarily high expectations !

well whoever participated in the murthy chat on behalf of the firm...

probably did not know what they were talking about.
IT was evident that there were no new approvals.
Ofcourse,it\'s not attorney Murthy herself,but some lawyer,or even a paralegal who responds on behalf of the firm for the chat..
and they r usually not aware..they go by a script ,on what answers are to be given

No Title

The chat transcripts don\'t mean anything. The fact that they have received approvals does not say anything about the rate of approval. It is simply clear from this board that the approvals have slowed down considerably. Murthy\'s transcript, to me, was just a short-lived euphoria......The INS should let us know (clearly) for the reason of delay.
Always hopeful,
Kumaran

NSC itself has

acknowledged the fact that 485 processing has slowed down. From recent murthy bulletine:
NSC has requested that AILA members refrain from using the NSC AILA liaison for inquiries into I-485 employment-based cases until the cases have been pending more than 120 days beyond the stated processing timeframes.
So answer to a question "has NSC stop processing 485s?" is "NO, NSC has NOT stopped processing", but it has definately slowed down.
What difference it makes if NSC gives you a reason to slow down or doesn\'t give one?
Keep all your fingers crossed and wait for your approval!

FYI

As per CSC tracking we are sure that approvals stopped since 04/10, and in past couple of days we saw two! Hopefully they go back to at least their usual speed if not better...

Please see CSC tracker (Approvals Info) below...
http://pc485.tripod.com/ADThrd.html
PCee "==>May Approval Tracker!" 5/2/02 3:14pm

PCee
Waiting for approval @ CSC

Why are you posting CSC news on the NSC site ?

You can\'t make us happy by telling us that CSC is approving cases while NSC is sitting on it\'s ass !

There are two things...

villageMD,

1. Based on this thread description as per Ms. Sheela Murthy there is no delay what so ever in any service centers. But wanted to let you guys know that as per CSC tracking we do see definite delay @CSC.

2. Since 04/10 I am visiting this area as well as areas related to other Service Centers to get any hint about actual delay due to this new check! At one point there were some speculations saying that the new security processing could dalay app. 6 months more! And some were predicting no approvals until Nov2002! It is/was really scary. By knowing that VSC, TSC already started issuing new approvals I became a bit more optimistic! CSC is still not back to normal but thought that it would be a bit encouraging to say that if it took app. one week for TSC, and two weeks for VSC to resume processing after putting this new security check in place then it should not take more than another week for CSC and NSC to come back up to normal...

By the way for your info I did see some approvals from NSC even after CSC stopped approving cases though! Saw approvals with following approval dates at rupnet site:
04/10/2002 (kkaliyam)
04/12/2002 (Batman)
04/15/2002 (hapbryce)
04/19/2002 (Senthil)
04/22/2002 (Raja)

Just my openion.
PCee

I am seeing Apprvals from CSC on 1st May. Check this URL

Mast Re Kamble "Another approval as per AVM (not mine!)" 5/2/02 1:51am

But, this one was an odd. But, approval does happend there I think.