Mumbai Jan/Feb/March 2005 CP Interview

gc_come_to_papa welcome back

I was wondering what happened to you. Hope it all went off smoothly. I leave tomorrow. Please post your details soon.

GC Experience

aonflux said:
I was wondering what happened to you. Hope it all went off smoothly. I leave tomorrow. Please post your details soon.
1> Reached consulate at 7:00. interview at 7:30, called for paper check at 9:00 a.am
2) Documents asked, notarised I-134, photos, notarised employment letter Original only, BC, passports, PCC, Marraiage certificate original + Copy, original returned, medical reports
3) called for interview at 9:30, american guy with indian lady, asked to do fingerprinting and raise our hands to take oath, no questions asked.

4) received passport with stamped immigrant visa at 3:30 p.m, everything correct on the visa.

5) enjoyed 6 weeks vacation in india and came back on march 27th , POE waited at separate queue for new immigrants, opened the papaer work, took one picture each and fingerprinted, that's it, finally after 4 years received the GC, waiting for physical cards now.

any questions or queries please email me. all the best to everyone else

thanks,

gc

Congrats gc_papa!!

One question, how did you notarise the employement letter? Or the employer gave you the notarized letter?

Thanks,

thanks averma and praytx

averma,

my employer provided me the notarised employment letter, your employer hr or immigration representative should send you the one.

received Physical Green cards and SS for both self and spouse

Hi,

We have received our physical GC and SS cards on april 12th, it took 2 and half weeks after we entered US to get both the cards( GC and SS).

This ends our long wait, all the best to rest of you

Thanks,

GC

Hi GCcometopapa

Did your social security card have the restriction removed? And did you get any welcome letters? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
CP or AC-140 which is faster ?

Gurus,

I have to decide which option I should choose while filling I-140 between CP or file I-140/I-485 then I-824 to do CP. I am in EB2 category. Assuming priority date will be current.

Your advise will be helpful.

Thanks

Hello everybody.

I have opted for AC-140.
I am EB3 and my PD is Oct 2001.

My lawyer sent all the documents to the Mumbai Consulate on April 11th.

Any idea how long before I hear anything from the Conulate ??
The documenst were sent Fedex International and reached the Consulate on April 15th.

Thanks in Advance.