Multiple Social Security Matches

Murad Abdulrehman

Registered Users (C)
Today my wife received a call from Passport processing center in Houston asking to her clarify her SSN#. Apparently someone else had used my wife's SSN two years back to apply for passport. My wife got her SSN 8 years back and she never had identity theft issue.

Passport officer said they will need to verify why the other application had my wife's SSN.

Should I check with SSN office if someone else is using my wife's SSN? Or should order credit report for my wife to validate if her SSN is being misused? Any body with similar experience?

Today my wife received a call from Passport processing center in Houston asking to her clarify her SSN#. Apparently someone else had used my wife's SSN two years back to apply for passport. My wife got her SSN 8 years back and she never had identity theft issue.

Passport officer said they will need to verify why the other application had my wife's SSN.

Should I check with SSN office if someone else is using my wife's SSN? Or should order credit report for my wife to validate if her SSN is being misused? Any body with similar experience?

Yes, order a credit report for yoru wife. By law everyone is entitled to get a free report from big trhee anyway (trans union, experian, equifax) you can download from the internet rigth way.

If your wife credit card doe snot show anyone else using her SSN. It may be just a honest mistake that another passport applicant make a typo (though I doubt that I believe there is soem securoty code in everyone's SSN if you randomly change one number, that SSN is invalid).

Get your free credit report consolidated from all three agency for freee at here

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index?move=yes