multiple I485 ok?

imli

Registered Users (C)
Hello Experienced Members,

I have applied in EB2-NIW category and filed I485 concurrently during July-August 2007 season. My wife also did the same to maximize the chance. Both of our I140 were approved recently.

Now, we have two sets of I485 pending (in one, I am the primary applicant, my wife is the dependent and in other, she is the primary applicant and I am the dependent). We both are doing job in the same company in the same position. Since we are from India, it will take probably a long time before our I485s get approved. Since the economical sitatution is not well in recent time, we planned to keep both I485 active in case something unforeseen happen to one of us; so that the other set of application will still be active.

We recently got a RFE for our birth certificate/parentage information. We have got birth certifactes from Indian Consulate, affidavifits from our mothers (since mothers name was not included in original birth certificate) and letters from our schools.

Since we were not sure whose EB2-NIW application would be approved, we kept both sets of I485 application active. Now, we were wondering if there is a problem in having multiple I485 pending at USCIS (of course they are related to differenet I-140). We would like to know if it is better to withdraw one set of application at this point. Is there any risk of cancellation of both I485 due to multiple submission?

Your answers/views will be highly helpful for us. Please reply.

Thank you so much, in advance.