multiple fulltime jobs on EAD

shailshah

Registered Users (C)
Can I have two fulltime jobs on EAD?

My employer is a consulting firm. I am on a project currently and hence my employer pays me! Now I am offered a contract position by a company on W2 (the company does not offer 1099). The company will pay me 75$/ hour. But since I don't want to leave my current employer (due to personal reasons), I asked this new company to split the hourly rate and pay a portion of it to me directly on W2 and pay the remaining portion to my employer. The company can not pay the entire hourly rate to my employer because they need me to be on their payroll on W2.

So the new company will pay me 40$/hour on W2 and remaining 35$ / hour (75 - 40) to my employer and my employer will continue to pay that money to me on regular paychecks as usual. I am doing all this to stay employed with my current employer. Also by having the other company pay 35$ / hour to my employer my salary with my employer would still remain the same as it was mentioned in LC and I-140. The only difference is I will have another salary on W2 from this new company as well.

But my only concerned here is, I will be having two fulltime jobs and later on two W2s for filing tax. Is it ok to do so on EAD? Is it mentioned on W2 anywhere that the job is fulltime or part time? If it is mentioned then probably I will have two W2s for two fulltime jobs. Can I do that while using EAD?

Now about me, my I-140 is approved and it's already more than 6 months since I applied for I-485 but I still don't want to leave my current employer due to personal reasons who is sponsoring my GC.

Please help..........I need to make a decision soon.

- shailshah

Last edited by a moderator:
You can do as many F/T and/or P/T jobs with EAD.
What you need for GC is atleast one F/T permanent job.
HTH

Sb_Tiger

Hi Sb_tiger,
It looks your i485 ND date is same as mine. I also filed in Oct 2002. Are u from TSC? I don;t know when TSC is going to process Oct 2002.

-sank

Transfer

When does transfer from one service center to another happen?

I had applied for 140/485 in Nov 2003
I am currently living/Working in New hampshire. I am relocating to Delaware in April 2004.

I am planning to send AR-11 form to kentucky. Is there anyother form I need to send anywhere else?

Will there be any transfer in my case? If so, what are side effects(postive and negative)