Multiple entries and AP

PSG2004

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have two trips planned outside the US. I have 3 copies of AP.
Can someone please advise as to how many original copies are retained by authorities like Immigration(US), the airline and the authorities of the country being visited?
Can I complete both trips on 3 original copies or AP or would I need more?
Are xerox copies accepted?

Thanks!

PSG2004 said:
Hi,

I have two trips planned outside the US. I have 3 copies of AP.
Can someone please advise as to how many original copies are retained by authorities like Immigration(US), the airline and the authorities of the country being visited?
Can I complete both trips on 3 original copies or AP or would I need more?
Are xerox copies accepted?

Thanks!
Typically when you first use the AP, one copy is retained in your country of origin (you can give a photocopy here).
One original is retained at POE and the 3rd is stamped and given back to you.

For your next trip(s), you just need to take the stamped copy .... At POE, they'll just re-stamp the same copy over & over again.
You can use the AP multiple times till its valid.

Keep some photocopies with you .... give only those copies to airlines, home coutry immigration etc.
Give original only at POE.

None should be retained. In the thirty-plus times that I used AP, on all but one occasion I presented a single copy that was given back after stamping. On that one occasion the officer asked if I had any additional originals on me, which I did, and he then proceeded to stamp these too, but didn't keep any.

The airlines do need copies though, so you may want to make a few copies before going to avoid delaying the entire check-in line.