Multiple 485 - Is it allowed?

stingray70

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks:

Please accept my apologies if this is already discussed in a recent thread.

My PD (Feb/3/06) is current as of July/2. When original July VB was published on mid-June, and we were all current, my attorney prepared my 485 but by mistake FedEx'ed it too early on June/27 which was received by NSC on June/28. If I understand correct from reading this forum, this does not qualify as "properly filed" application.

So, I am planning to re-file 485. Obtained my medical records duplicate from doctor and prepared the file again. Now, before I send it I wanted to find out the following: -

1) Does USCIS allow multiple 485 filing of basically same application?

2) If I can file multiple 485, then what happens to the second 485 application in case if I get a receipt from USCIS for the first 485?

a) Can I safely consider the first 485 as “properly filed” at that point?

b) Is the second 485 automatically considered void or do I need to take necessary action to withdraw it from USCIS?

3) Can I add a cover letter with the second 485 application clearly explaining what happened -- that I filed it 4 days earlier than July/2 by mistake? It would help avoid any confusion.

I wanted to get your expert advice on this matter before I send out my second 485 application.

All comments are welcome!

Thanks!
- IY