MTR Status

desiladka

Registered Users (C)
What is the status of a person while you have filed MTR?

Are you legal to work?

What happens when your current EAD has been expired and you did not receive a new EAD?

If you have filed for MTR, would they deny or approve your renewal EAD? I am getting conflicting information about this. Some says that thought my 485 is denied, but since my MTR has been received by them, they will approve my renewal EAD. WHILE OTHERS says that since my 485 is denied, they will deny my EAD.

What are the options while in the MTR waiting period? What happens now? It's been 64 days now. Is there something called MTR denied? What happens after that? How long can you fight? What are your options? What is your status while all this? Can you work?

I would really appreciate if anybody could throw some light on my above questions. I am so worried and upset.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
liangliang said:
desiladka,

You can try to send an expedite request to VSC.

Do you mean expedite request for MTR?

Also can somebody please throw light on how they treat the EAD renewal application while MTR is applied? If my EAD is not approved within 90 days of Receipt, can I get Interim EAD while my MTR is still not approved?

liangliang said:
Yes. If your MTR is approved, you can get your EAD.

I am aware that if MTR is approved, they will approve my EAD. But I would like to know what will they do with my EAD application if my MTR is not approved yet?

You will not get an EAD/AP after denial even if you have applied for MTR. actually the current EAD is itself considered invalid, even though a few attornies, including mine, say an EAD is valid until revoked.

Filing a MTR does not change the fact you are accumulating illegal stay in the country ( unless you have another non-immigrant status ) nor will you be entittled to the priviledges of AOS. When you file a MTR, there is no status change on your 485. your 485 still stays in denied state.

Processing an EAD on denied case will not "go through the system". This is what we heard from the Charlotte CIS during our denial.

this sucks... but ths is how it works. Your best bet is to do a H-1. If you do file a EAD and it is denied, based on your 485 denial, you will have to file another EAD after your 485 is re-opened, coz I don't think CIS will re-open the denied EAD application.

Thank God

My 485 has been re-opened finally. I feel so much better now. I have been spending sleepless night since the denial. Thank god. Thank you all for helping me out in this bad time.

Anyway, My MTR status still does not show "approved" It still has the old message saying the received the MTR blah blah...

The LUD for 485 and MTR boths shows yesterday's date. Shoudn't the MTR also show that it has been approved?

Thanks

Congratulations

Congratulations!

How did you know your 485 has been re-opened ? Received mail or checked web?

Last edited by a moderator:
liangliang said:
Congratulations!

How did you know your 485 has been re-opened ? Received mail or checked web?

Online status says "Case has been re-opned" MTR status did not change yet. Have not received any mails.

Thanks

Thanks Winny1971!!!!!!

Trying to relax now. I was totally freaking out since last 2 days.

winny1971 said:
Finally the ray of hope you were looking for..
Relax a bit now.

Cheers

unitednations said:
your 290b message will not change.

Your case is now open. Obviously, because the priority date isnot current, your 485 can'tget approved.

however, since 485 is reopened it is now pending. Now you will get the EAD.

Its a 290A case not 290B. The message on that has not changed. The LUD did change. Just concerned.

Thanks for your message

congrats

i am really very happy for you desiladka. Hope to see your approval soon. :)

Details,

EB3 VSC
PD feb 2000 Sub labor
140 ND jan 2004 AD july 2004 (no RFE's)
485/EAD/AP RD april 23rd 2004 spouse and myself
EAD/AP AD july 2004

FP for both 02/15/2005
485 AD ?????????

LUD on 485(myself) 02/23 (FP recd ) 03/30, 03/31 , 04/01, 04/04 (no message change but came to know through lawyer about RFE. RFE sent to lawyer not us) 04/15 (RFE recd), 04/18 no message change.

LUD spouse 02/23 (Fp recd)

Hi. Just hang in there. Your case gives hope to others too. Hope everything will turn out your way. By the way, what is the difference between 290A and 290B?

Hey Desiladka, Congrats

I am happy for you

my LUD on i-485 and MTR changed to todays date ,no change in message.

I just prey to God!

Thanks Harapatta!!!!!!

harapatta2005 said:
i am really very happy for you desiladka. Hope to see your approval soon. :)

Details,

EB3 VSC
PD feb 2000 Sub labor
140 ND jan 2004 AD july 2004 (no RFE's)
485/EAD/AP RD april 23rd 2004 spouse and myself
EAD/AP AD july 2004

FP for both 02/15/2005
485 AD ?????????

LUD on 485(myself) 02/23 (FP recd ) 03/30, 03/31 , 04/01, 04/04 (no message change but came to know through lawyer about RFE. RFE sent to lawyer not us) 04/15 (RFE recd), 04/18 no message change.

LUD spouse 02/23 (Fp recd)

akatu said:
I am happy for you

my LUD on i-485 and MTR changed to todays date ,no change in message.

I just prey to God!

Akatu,

When did you file for MTR? Hopefully they will re-open your case as well. Do not worry and trust in god.

Thanks Pras01, I do not know the difference. Mine was 290A. I hope I see approval soon too. I hope I don't get into the name check shit.

pras01 said:
Hi. Just hang in there. Your case gives hope to others too. Hope everything will turn out your way. By the way, what is the difference between 290A and 290B?

Desiladka

desiladka said:
Akatu,

When did you file for MTR? Hopefully they will re-open your case as well. Do not worry and trust in god.
I filed my MRT on April 7.

Now my question to gurus: Change of LUD on 485 and MRT, does it mean will be re-open or might be denial as well?
In case of the denial MRT, why would they touch 485 that has been already denied?

I believe that to process your MTR, they HAVE to touch your 485. Hang on for some time. I am sure they will re-open your case as well.

akatu said:
I filed my MRT on April 7.

Now my question to gurus: Change of LUD on 485 and MRT, does it mean will be re-open or might be denial as well?
In case of the denial MRT, why would they touch 485 that has been already denied?