MTR, PLEASE help

desiladka

Registered Users (C)
They have received MTR as of 03-23-05. Its been more then 30 days,Its nearing 45 days. I am really getting crazy now and started to loose patience.

Cant focus on anything. Please anybody with any information?

I had heard from somewhere that if it does not open within around 30 days, its not a good sign.

Please somebody help.

Thanks

Desiladka don't lose hope

Your case is straight forward case , no ambiguaty at all. It is not about iterpretation of the Law like mine. Just a stupid mistake that easily can be corrected. Do not be disheartened. GL

why did they deny your case initially, i.e. after you sent rfe response with all the required information ???

akatu said:
Your case is straight forward case , no ambiguaty at all. It is not about iterpretation of the Law like mine. Just a stupid mistake that easily can be corrected. Do not be disheartened. GL

Don't you think nearing 45 days is something negative? Dont you think I should have got LUD change or status change within 30 days?

Thanks

mittu1 said:
why did they deny your case initially, i.e. after you sent rfe response with all the required information ???

Check older threads and you will know. But anyways for a quick answer, I was denied due to attorney mistake several times. Dcouments that they asked were not sent. Forms were filled with wrong details.

mtr

Hi Desiladka,
Like akatu said, don't lose hope...our MTR was reopened after like 50 days...
waiting for I485 approval yet...
u can expect reopening anytime and since u have provided all evidences don't worry....LUD changes r not correct always...our MTR was reopened without any pre LUD changes...
u will get a good result.
good luck.
thanx,
banama.

Banama, Akatu,

Thanks a lot both of you. The fact that you mentioned that both of your cases were re-opened after 50 days without any previous LUD's has really made me feel better right. I am sure you guys must have mentioned this before, but I think I am just getting crazy and totally freaking out right now.

I am sure you guys would understand my state of mind. Bu thanks anyways, I guess I just need to have some patience, atleast till 50 days.

Thanks again for all the information and support.

Warm Regards and Good luck

banama said:
Hi Desiladka,
Like akatu said, don't lose hope...our MTR was reopened after like 50 days...
waiting for I485 approval yet...
u can expect reopening anytime and since u have provided all evidences don't worry....LUD changes r not correct always...our MTR was reopened without any pre LUD changes...
u will get a good result.
good luck.
thanx,
banama.

Mesaage for Banama and Akatu

Can you please update about your status and provide me with the following information:

1) Reason for denial
2) Receipt date of MTR
3) First LUD change after they received the MTR on MTR and 485
4) Last LUD change after they recived the MTR on MTR and 485
5) Current message for MTR and 485.

Thanks a lot. I am still counting days. Today is 41st day sinc they received my MTR and no LUD changes on MTR or 485. :mad:

desiladka said:
Can you please update about your status and provide me with the following information:

1) Reason for denial
2) Receipt date of MTR

Thanks a lot. I am still counting days. Today is 41st day sinc they received my MTR and no LUD changes on MTR or 485. :mad:
Have patience. They may take upto 60 days. So have patience. Mine was reopened in 34 days .. but most MTRs reopen in 30-60 days. Usually after 60 days the chances are less.

The reason this may take time is that usually the MTR goes back to the same officer who denied and the officer may be on leave or may have other case load. Pray to GOD and be patient.

Hey desiladka, here's info you asked

desiladka said:

1) Reason for denial

***Overstay during COS b/w B1 and J1
2) Receipt date of MTR
***Apr 7
***Apr 8
***Apr 12
****Message for MRT as original "We received...."
****Message for 485 as of dateof response to NOID from 12/04
"We received ..." no change after denial.

My MRT is still pending , I am in the same boat with you.
You do not have to worry about your case . Sooner or later it will get approved.

akatu said:
My MRT is still pending , I am in the same boat with you.
You do not have to worry about your case . Sooner or later it will get approved.

What is your receipt date for MTR?

Thanks

Hi, desiladka:

Which form did you use for filing MTR ? did they send you a receipt and # ?
I could not find the form for MTR. Someone on the forum said that there is no form for it, then how can I track the MTR. BTW, in my denial letter, they did not say anything about the options (MTR, appeal) after the denial. I assume I have the right to file MTR and appeal. Thank you for sharing your experience with me.

Crystalview

crystalview said:
Hi, desiladka:

Which form did you use for filing MTR ? did they send you a receipt and # ?
I could not find the form for MTR. Someone on the forum said that there is no form for it, then how can I track the MTR. BTW, in my denial letter, they did not say anything about the options (MTR, appeal) after the denial. I assume I have the right to file MTR and appeal. Thank you for sharing your experience with me.

Crystalview

My denail also did not say anything about MTR or my rights. But it did say this decision cannot be appealed. But as far as I understand MTR is different then appealing. The form that was filed was 290A. Yes I did get the EAC number which can be traced online same as anything cases.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I will try my best to answer it.

Thanks and good luck. All we can do is try our best dealing with the attorneys and then pray.

Hi, thanks,

where did you get the form I-290A ? on USCIS website, there is only I-290B which is for AAO. Because my due date is May 15, very anxious now.

crystalview said:
Hi,

where can I get the FORM (I-290A) for MTR ? thanks,

I really dont know. My attorney did it for me. I am sure somebody will read this and let you know.

Dont you think having your attorney file this would be a better thing?

Yes, my attorney is helping me doing it. However, he told me there is no specific form for MTR (according to the forum, someone did not use any form, someone use I-290B instead). My attorney will just write a letter and ask me to sign (do not know why he will not do G-28 this time).