Moving to Differnt Company I485 < 180days

jmr1

Registered Users (C)
I was working with Company A on H1B (which is about to expire).
My 140 was cleared through company A and I haven't yet completed 180 days after filing my 485.
Recently my company(A) was bought over by another company(B). Company B has another subsidary Company company(C). Company B is transfering all the employees of company A with
GC and EAD to company C.
Can companyB transfer me to company C with out the completion of the stipilated 180 days.

What are your options.........

I guess as long as they do not cancel your i-140 u should are OK. But u do not have a lot of control on the situation any way. I am sure u will be Ok..as long as new company keeps u.

Take a deep breath and.....relax....

Jmr:
Mine was in similar situation as yours. My GC sponsoring co sold its that part of business to another company, thereby transferring almost all its employees. However, there were few who had not completed 180days in 485. They are still in the old company, in loan to new company- till they complete 180 days.

So, I guess, you should explain your situation to your management and try to hang on with your old company (at least on paper) till you complete 180 days in order to avoid any possible drag on your case.

Best of luck.

thank you chintu123 and jntbank for your reply

My question is do i need to file 140 amendment as i did not complete 180 days

No you do not need to file I-140 Amendment
If company C is going to keep you employed and will be willing to provide any information required for AC 21 and if RFE'ed and the company A is not going to withdraw/revoke I-140 or inform INS that they do not intent to continue your 485, you have nothing to worry about.

After 180 days you can send a letter to USCIS invoking AC21 or you can wait till RFE'ed and then invoke AC21, don't worry if Company C is going to continue your GC process and Company A has no objection for that (given that A and C are pretty much the same)