Moving to Canada/Establishing Credit in Canada

sandypants

Hi-
I am a US Citizen- I am marrying a Canadian Citizen, and thus will be relocating to Canada.
I have tried google and haven't really found the answer-
as a Permanent Resident- will I need to re-establish credit in Canada with a SIN?

Once we're married, do I need to remain in the US until the Permanent Resident Status is accepted, OR do I need to remain in Canada for that amount of time?

I am a US Citizen- I am marrying a Canadian Citizen, and thus will be relocating to Canada.
I have tried google and haven't really found the answer-
as a Permanent Resident- will I need to re-establish credit in Canada with a SIN?

-- Yes, but it is not difficult. In some cases (if you need a loan), you can request them to pull your US credit history.

Once we're married, do I need to remain in the US until the Permanent Resident Status is accepted, OR do I need to remain in Canada for that amount of time?

-- You can relocate to Canada and then apply for your PR status while in Canada. If the PR status is not approved within your first six month (the period you are allowed to remain on visitor's status), you can extend it by mail.

Visit cic.gc.ca, if you have not done so.