Moving to another state

abandonedGreenC

Registered Users (C)
I am moving to Lincoln, NE for a new job next week. I filed my N400 Dec 2007 and have the fp taken march 2008. If i want to transfer my file from TSC to NSC what should i do? or just notify my local office in Charlotte about the moving? If i changed the address online using the receipt# will automatically transfer my file to NE? or just come back for an interview?

Your answers kindly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
I am moving to Lincoln, NE for a new job next week. I filed my N400 Dec 2007 and have the fp taken march 2008. If i want to transfer my file from TSC to NSC what should i do? or just notify my local office in Charlotte about the moving? If i changed the address online using the receipt# will automatically transfer my file to NE? or just come back for an interview?

Your answers kindly appreciated

You do need to update them, so call them.

Call USCIS, and tell them you have a N-400, and have moved and need to update the address. They will update it.

You need to expect a minimum of 3 months delay in processing, since they will need you to remain in your new city (Natz District Office area) for 3 months first.

Yes call and update. After about a week call again and make sure it is updated in the system. Then after that reverify that it was verified correctly. Then you should be fine. Just make sure they pressed enter ok.:)

I understand that i have to remain in the district for three months. My current PD is December, when i moved, I will get a new PD in the new DO or i would go with the current? If i changed the address online it will be enough for them to update the file?

I moved once..it took them 4 years to transfer my file when I moved to a different state and then they put me back in line as if i just applied. Think about that.

Moving between districts incurs a minimum 3 months delay (90 day residence requirement), plus whatever time it takes for your file to be transferred and your case scheduled for interview. Frequently this can mean a 4-6 months delay.