Moving after interview

alex1177

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
so here are the facts:
12/13/2012: passed the naturalization interview in Florida.
12/14/2012: put in scheduling queue for oath ceremony.
01/01/2013: moved to California because of job offer (I know... I know... But in this case I had no choice because I don't want to live in my car).
01/02/2013: updated AR-11 online (have a receipt number).
01/29/2013: Moved again (in the same city in CA) and updated AR-11 online, got a receipt number again.
02/25/2013: Got N-445 (Notice of oath ceremony, sent on the 02/19) to my old address in Florida and the ceremony is in that city in Florida.
There is no way that I can afford to go to Florida from California for that event.

What am I doing now? In the notice written that if I can not go to the ceremony I need to send it back. In some research in the internet I found that I need to do it to "my local uscis office". But which one? FL or CA?
And why did they not updated the database with my new address?
Will appreciate any constructive input.
Thank you.

Hello,
so here are the facts:
12/13/2012: passed the naturalization interview in Florida.
12/14/2012: put in scheduling queue for oath ceremony.
01/01/2013: moved to California because of job offer (I know... I know... But in this case I had no choice because I don't want to live in my car).
01/02/2013: updated AR-11 online (have a receipt number).
01/29/2013: Moved again (in the same city in CA) and updated AR-11 online, got a receipt number again.
02/25/2013: Got N-445 (Notice of oath ceremony, sent on the 02/19) to my old address in Florida and the ceremony is in that city in Florida.
There is no way that I can afford to go to Florida from California for that event.

What am I doing now? In the notice written that if I can not go to the ceremony I need to send it back. In some research in the internet I found that I need to do it to "my local uscis office". But which one? FL or CA?
And why did they not updated the database with my new address?
Will appreciate any constructive input.
Thank you.

Your local office is still Florida. How did you get OC letter???. It is supposed to be returned to sender if you no longer live there.

Keep a copy and send the original back to USCIS office in FL, and request them to arrange OC at CA. Copy that letter to CA office. I think they will make you wait till completion of 3months at new address before starting action. It will take further 2-3 months before you are scheduled for OC at CA.

Your local office is still Florida. How did you get OC letter???. It is supposed to be returned to sender if you no longer live there.

Keep a copy and send the original back to USCIS office in FL, and request them to arrange OC at CA. Copy that letter to CA office. I think they will make you wait till completion of 3months at new address before starting action. It will take further 2-3 months before you are scheduled for OC at CA.

Thank you for the response.
I got the letter because USPS forwarded it to my new address.

Thank you for the response.
I got the letter because USPS forwarded it to my new address.

You can request to re-schedule oath to a local office in your new area. But it is said sometomes USCIS is
very weird and re-scheduled oath is to still take place at yoru former USCIS office. It has been posted
once here. Similar story. in that thread the poster decided, what the heck, to just go back to the old
place and took the oath.

You can request to re-schedule oath to a local office in your new area. But it is said sometomes USCIS is
very weird and re-scheduled oath is to still take place at yoru former USCIS office. It has been posted
once here. Similar story. in that thread the poster decided, what the heck, to just go back to the old
place and took the oath.

I really cannot understand why did they scheduled it in my old address, 7 weeks after I changed it online.

I really cannot understand why did they scheduled it in my old address, 7 weeks after I changed it online.

There are two kind of address changes: one is for the purpose of law enforcement, which is done by AR-11. the other
is for the service. At least on the past you need to do both if you have a service pending.
USCIS try to combine both into one. But even if both are combined into one, you can imagine USCIS procedure is full
of bugs and no one there cares to fix on regular basis.

I'll say, if money is not a problem you should fly back to Florida to get oath done and wrap things up.