Moving after FP and before interview

deeps90

Registered Users (C)
Hello!
We have applied for citizenship and waiting for FP in san jose DO.After the FP I beleive there is a minimum of 5 to 6 months before we get our interview in the San jose DO..So,if we move right after our FP within the same San Jose DO,will there be a problem?
If we move to a different DO like Fremont what is going to happen then?Please advise.
Thank you,
Deepa

Hello!
We have applied for citizenship and waiting for FP in san jose DO.After the FP I beleive there is a minimum of 5 to 6 months before we get our interview in the San jose DO..So,if we move right after our FP within the same San Jose DO,will there be a problem?
If we move to a different DO like Fremont what is going to happen then?Please advise.
Thank you,
Deepa

I suggest you dont experiment with USCIS. Just stay put (if you can) to be safe for some extra months.

I concur with CrossHairs on this! The Guide specifically advises that when you are thinking of applying that you should do so only when you going to be stable for 1-2 years...that is so that you won't be moving during the N400 process as it may cause delays.

Moving during the n400 process is very rare and most people could wait it out and then move after all was done. But SJ do is so slow that this can't be the case for some. Some thoughts:

1. If you move withing the SJ d.o then you should not have any problems but this is a Gov agency so you never know. You could move and keep watching the SJ tracker to see if PDs close to yours are getting the IV letters.

2. Moving to Frem puts you in another DO's jurisdiction and they are actually faster. But you will have to complete a 3 month residency and am not sure how the case transfer from csc to local do will work. Best case you may even finish ahead of SJ filers but then again no one knows what else can happen.

Yes. I did move out after I finger printed, but I before I moved I did get my interview letter.

Then I sent my change of address using AR-11(using USCIS web site).

In the interview, I took the updated N-400 with my new address, but the officer noted the new address in the form that I sent to USCIS rather than taking the updated form.

So whenever you move, make sure you have a document trail of your change of address notification.

However, I don't know whether the post office forwards any USCIS communication to your new address even after you updated using AR-11 and for some reason USCIS still sends the correspondance to your old address.