Moved, can I file 2nd I-485 with new center?

bubblecfd

Registered Users (C)
Hi, Gurus,

Please help me on my silly questions:

I filed I-485 and EAD with Texas center a few months ago. Now I am moving to Michigan and work there, which is under Nebraska center. My quaestions are:

Can I file a new I-485 with Nebraska center because their processing time is less than Texas center ? If yes, do I need to cancel the I-485 with Texas center? Where can I find information about this issue?

For EAD, if 90 days passed since I filed application with Texas center, can I go to a local INS office in Michigan to get a interim EAD? In the future, where should I file EAD extension application, Texas or Nebraska center?

In general, when I work and live in Michigan, which INS center should handle all my I-485 related issues, e.g., AP, EAD? Texas or Nebraska?

Thanks very, very much.

If you want to move your file out of TSC, call IIO and give the change of address (AR-11 is separate). Tell him/her that you intended to work in Michigan from now and you want to have your 485 Case moved to Nebraska along with underlying I-140.

He/she will ask you to fax a requition letter. Please fax the letter and keep your fingers crossed.

I don't think that you should apply another 485. May be you can't do as you may already used your I140 to file in it TSC.

American Desi