Move within same DO territory

south nj

Registered Users (C)
I filed N-400 last year and is still waiting for the IL. I plan to move within next two months. It shall be within the same district office territory. If I haven't got the IL by then, what shall I do?

As I understand, the letter sent by USCIS is labeled as "Return Service Requested". Does it mean that this mail can NOT be forwarded? Some previous threads have suggested to make an info pass to the local district office to change the address. Any suggestions?

I am a little bit concerned about the mail being lost during the moving process.

First, you are required to file AR-11.

Then call the customer service and confirm the address change for your N-400. Or you can change the address at USCIS website (recently available option). There is no guarantee the mail delivery will be uninterrupted but that's as much as you can do to make sure on your part.

I filed N-400 last year and is still waiting for the IL. I plan to move within next two months. It shall be within the same district office territory. If I haven't got the IL by then, what shall I do?

As I understand, the letter sent by USCIS is labeled as "Return Service Requested". Does it mean that this mail can NOT be forwarded? Some previous threads have suggested to make an info pass to the local district office to change the address. Any suggestions?

I am a little bit concerned about the mail being lost during the moving process.
Yes, the USCIS letter will NOT be forwarded.

First schedule an InfoPass to find out where your application is.
Second if you are close to getting the IL then try to retain you current address for a few months more. I know this will cost money.

Third if you have to move fill an AR-11 and contact the Customer Service Line and make sure they have your new address.

Fourth schedule an InfoPass again to make sure that they have your new address in their system.

Thanks, equat and N400applier.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to keep my address for some more weeks since it will be sold by the end of next month. Hopefully I will get my IL before that time.

I will do all the routine procedure and wish everything goes smoothly.