Move to India but keep the green card processing

movingtoindia

I have heard a lot about your firm. I have a question
which I am hopeful you will answer!

I applied for my labor in March'2003 in state of
Virginia. I am currently working in Virginia. I have
recieved a offer to start a outsourcing division for
the same work that I am doing based in India. I am
considering that option but have a few questions.

My offer will be based in Indian rupees. I will be
based in India although travelling frequently to US
for work. Although part of the same organization I
will be in the Indian subsidiary.

Are there any creative options by which I can move to
India but still continue my green card application?

With regards

Movingtoindia

If you are moving to India, you could change the Adjustment of Status to Consular Processing. However, once the application for LPR is approved, you will need to reside in the USA, if not, you will lose your Permanent Residency.
If are not interested in living in the US but just want to visit once in a way, then you can get a 10 Year multi-entry Business Visa. That is one of the options I may consider once I move back to India, since I already have my Green Card. I may consider surrendering my Green Card and get a Business visa so that I can visit the US on business.

Thanks for your response. With business visa what are the limitations? can I come and work here for my own company? is it easy to get a work visa? who will need to sponsor that visa - will it be my company? Thanks

With a business Visa, you cannot get paid in the US and the maximum that you can stay on a particular trip is 6 months and that depends on the officer at the POE.
If you travel too frequently and ask for 6 months at a time, then they may even refuse you entry at POE or give you entry only for a month to 3 months.