Move to a different State after 180-days of waiting for I-485

WAITING_MAN

Registered Users (C)
Does anybody in this discussion group have move to a different state for a different employer after 180-days into their I-485 stage? What are the procedures that needs to be done to make it happen? I\'ve heard of changing employer after 180-days have passed but from the same state. Please share your experiences and any information about this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

WAITING_MAN

No Title

I am also interested by this topic. It looks like the job distribution changed during the past months. I do not plan on leaving my current position, however bad stuff happens :-(

I read various opinions according to which the location of the job can change but not the job description and salary.

Not 100% myself. From what I learned, you can work for ANY emplyer in ANY State.

That is what I have learned and I believe that should be the spirit of the new law.

Best of luck and enjoy the freedom (even though you are not truely free yet ).

No Title

WAITING_MAN, there is a posting on the ISN newsgroups about somebody successfully getting the GC after moving from TX to NJ, with interview at the local INS office. Pretty refreshing reading :)

same boat

I changed my job after 180 days. It\'s a similar job. Just one month later my case was approved without any questions so far.
Good luck!

prchina, did u change on EAD or h1?

prchina, did u change on EAD or H1 for your new job?
thx.