Move before filing I-140.

kgp

Registered Users (C)
One of my co-worker's Labor was certified, At the time of filling I-140 & I-485 his attorney is telling him that his home should be within 30 miles from the work location given in the original application is it true?

What if he moves to a different state but still work on the same job with Same employer but at different location? Any ideas?

kgp said:
One of my co-worker's Labor was certified, At the time of filling I-140 & I-485 his attorney is telling him that his home should be within 30 miles from the work location given in the original application is it true?

What if he moves to a different state but still work on the same job with Same employer but at different location? Any ideas?

Never heard that it could be a problem. Most of us here are software consultants who move every few months. Moreover, a GC is for a FUTURE job. there is no problem if employee is working at a location different from what was advertised.

Very incorrect. Your job location should be in the same Metropolitan Statistics Area as the original labor location. In violation of this condition, labor certficate is invalid.

For consultants I am not sure but I heard there are special provisions which should be mentioned at the time of filing the labor certificate.

Bomber said:
Never heard that it could be a problem. Most of us here are software consultants who move every few months. Moreover, a GC is for a FUTURE job. there is no problem if employee is working at a location different from what was advertised.