Mothers Green Card Processing

Love

Registered Users (C)
Dear All -
In Feb 2019, I lost my father and thereafter have tried bringing my mother to USA on visitor visa. However, the US Embassy in New Delhi denied it 2 times (both children in USA) and won't really do anything about it. I am a USA citizen and therefore ended up applying for her Green Card I-130. The priority date assigned to the case is Aug 23 2019. We opted for consular processing as she is in India. I have a few questions and will greatly appreciate any help here.

1) How long is it taking for I-130 to get approved these days for mothers / parents category?

2) While we wait to hear from NVC , how does the process flow from here and what to expect ?

3) Do I need to file for her affidavit of support and if that will be requested / when ?

4) My mother was born in 1949 and I don't have her birth certificate. Will that be required at any stage of the process?

5) If it will be required, how do I get the birth certificate for my mother ?

6) How long is overall process taking, any other guidance for me will be really appreciated

Regards

Love

Really requesting any help from experts. I am lost what to do and will be thankful

1. Depends on the center it goes to but generally around a year https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/
2. Wait, get the required documents together. Go through this website/all pages/links from pages https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process.html
3. See link above for details
4. Yes
5. Depends on country of origin. See link to reciprocity tables under the documents page in link above
6. Most time is i130 processing, time to interview depends on how busy the consulate is where she will interview, might be another few months after processing complete

Thank you for your response. Much appreciated.

My mother was born in 1949 in India and this reciprocity link for India states that for people born before 1970 the birth certificate is not available. It does not say specifically what will be required instead (but does spell that out for those born after 1970). Do you know if I will also need to get the

- Certificate of Non-Availability of Birth Certificate
- Affidavits from any Relatives older than my mother
- Affidavit from my mother for her own birth

Please let me know how others have solved this problem. Again thank you for your kind help.

Hello - Appreciate any advise on above questions regarding Birth Certificate. Thank you!

You can use SSLC school leaving certificate as proof of DOB.

From state.gov website: https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/India.html

Alternate Documents: If an individual is born after April 1, 1970 and is unable to obtain a birth certificate, the individual must obtain a certificate of non-availability from the local authorities with jurisdiction over their place of birth. In addition to a non-availability certificate, the following documents can be accepted as secondary evidence:

• School-leaving Certificate (document provided to students when they cease attending a particular school, be it public or private),
  • Matriculation Certificate,
  • Certificate of Recognized Boards from the school last attended by the applicant (Boards are exams)
  • A notarized affidavit executed by either a parent, if living, or another close relative older than the applicant. This affidavit should clearly state the relationship between the deponent and the applicant, how well the deponent knows the applicant, the date and place of the applicant's birth, the names of both parents, and any other related facts. If the applicant has no living relatives that witnessed their birth, a self-attested affidavit detailing their knowledge of the facts of their birth may be accepted.