Mother's form I-485

Mahvesh

I am applying for my mother's green card with form I-485. Do I need to submit form I-864 (affidavit of support).

If yes, what documents do I need to provide since I am a housewife and don't have a full-time job. My husband is the primary breadwinner of the family.

Thank you for your expert opinion.

You mean you petitioned your mother with I-130? Yes, family-based immigration cases need I-864. You would fill out I-864, with little to no individual income (I-864 Part 6 #7), you and your husband would complete I-864A so that your husband's income can be counted in your household income, so your husband's info and individual income would be on your I-864 Part 6 #8-10. And you and your husband's individual incomes would add to become your household income (your I-864 Part 6 #20).

Thank you for your prompt reply.
Yes I already applied for her I130 and now I am filling out the form I485.
I will submit both I864 and I864A with I485.

Also can you please help with me with the following questions

1 Travel History: which form needs past travel history. I thought it is needed for I485 but I don't see a section to put that information.
2. Advance Parole: Form I131, If I file it with I485, is any additional fees for I131?

For I485, I am providing the following documents with the application:

1. I693 (Report of immigration Medical Examination and vaccination record)
2. I797 (receipt notice from I130 application)
3.Birth certificate
4.Two passport-style photographs;
5. A copy of government-issued identity document with photograph
6. I864 and I864A.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I need to consider.

Thank you!

I don't think any of the forms should ask about travel history.

If you choose to file I-765 for EAD, that is an additional $260. If you choose to file I-131 for Advance Parole, that is an additional $630.

You also need to include the $1440 fee for I-485, as well as the passport page with admissions stamp and/or passport page with visa and/or I-94.

For I485, I am providing the following documents with the application:

1. I693 (Report of immigration Medical Examination and vaccination record)
2. I797 (receipt notice from I130 application)
3.Birth certificate
4.Two passport-style photographs;
5. A copy of government-issued identity document with photograph
6. I864 and I864A.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I need to consider.

Thank you!
Hi Mahavesh, did you submit your mother's marriage certificate with any forms? I see that there are mixed opinions on semding marriage certificates with Form I-485 but my mother's certificate has her surname misspelled so we were thinking of not including the marriage certificate.