Most stupid question?

zensea

Registered Users (C)
This seems the most stupid question: HOW DO YOU KNOW YOUR NAME IS CHECKED?

I think everybody knows nothing regarding the results of fingerprinting and name check until he finishes his interview when the office gives him the form N-652, on that “A decision cannot yet be made about your application” is checked. For my case, there is another piece of paper that has been printed the following words:

Reason: FBI fingerprints pending

I called FBI and was informed that the fingerprint results were sent to USCIS the same day the fingers were printed.

Now, here comes the stupid question:
Is my name checked or not?
When USCIS said “Reason: FBI fingerprints pending”, what did it mean?
Does anyone receive the similar paper shows anything like “Reason: Name checked” or other terminology USCIS used.

HOW DO YOU KNOW YOUR NAME IS CHECKED?

zensea said:
This seems the most stupid question: HOW DO YOU KNOW YOUR NAME IS CHECKED?

I think everybody knows nothing regarding the results of fingerprinting and name check until he finishes his interview when the office gives him the form N-652, on that “A decision cannot yet be made about your application” is checked. For my case, there is another piece of paper that has been printed the following words:

I called FBI and was informed that the fingerprint results were sent to USCIS the same day the fingers were printed.

Does anyone receive the similar paper shows anything like “Reason: Name checked” or other terminology USCIS used.

schedule an infopass and inquiry about your case.

the reason they could not make the decision was "Background check pending". (these were the exact wording)

zensea said:
......I think everybody knows nothing regarding the results of fingerprinting and name check until he finishes his interview when the office gives him the form N-652, on that “A decision cannot yet be made about your application” is checked. For my case, there is another piece of paper that has been printed the following words:

Do you know what? I totally agree with you and your case is a good example.

As many other curious applicant, I called the FBI and they said the same to me and honestly I think it is BS. FBI receives thousands of phone calls every single day from people who want to know the FP status. The easiest way to end these annoying calls is just to say to the applicant:

"Fingerprints received, completed and sent back on the same day". ;)

Who can guarantee that isn't true? It takes just few seconds to get of rid of you and after having the answer that the applicants WANT TO HEAR from them, no further questions are needed such as: "why?" "when"? "what's the next?" "Blah-Blah" "Blah-Blah"

I guess nobody knows. Only after the interview and not having “A decision cannot yet be made about your application” checked.

Any rationality in this

Is there any rationality in this BS - based on race, religion, country of origin etc. Also I see most of the name check cases in this board seem to be male. Are there any females out there stuck in this.

i am surprised if it was a FP pending. FP should have been cleared within 1-3 days after they were taken.

can you believe if it was a FP pending for so long (i am sure there must be at least 1+ month between the FP taken till the interview), how long would your name check be pending?

you can do the math :rolleyes:

anand74 said:
Is there any rationality in this BS - based on race, religion, country of origin etc. Also I see most of the name check cases in this board seem to be male. Are there any females out there stuck in this.

i am sure they do some profiling in some cases. however, for the FP checking, i do not think they do. they just scan the database to see if you get a hit or not. name check is more details and in depth checking.