More questions

delkino

Registered Users (C)
My wife is not an american citizen. We came here (1995) after being married for two years in our country, initially with my F1 (she had an F2). Seven months later she got a job and her company sponsor her green card process. After I graduated with my Ph.D. I did optional practical training for one year and then I got myself a H1B1.

As part of her green card process I filled out an Application to register permanent residence or adjust status (form I-485). I got a notice of action which says:
Case type:: I485 Application to adjust to permanent resident status.
Notice type:Approval Notice
Section: Derivative adjustment
COA:E39
I got a seal in my passport that reads: Processed for I551. Temporary evidence of lawful admission for permanent residence valid until 9/17/02
Employment authorized.

My wife received the actual green card but she is retaining it from me, so I haven't seen it. Do you think that I can apply for a copy that could be sent directly to me?
Thanks

Okay.
So does your wife have your plastic greencard in her possession?
Are you and your wife living in the same domicile? Or are you legally seperated??

I would suggest that you go to an INS service center which stamped your passport and tell them the situation. You can request a new green card and also request a change of address using the form AR-11.

hope this helps and keep us posted.
Good Luck

Sachin.