Montreal CP Process Completed !!!

iaminus

Hi All,

I just completed my Montreal CP Process. That was Employer Sponsored visa.

Websites:

1. US COnsulate General in Montreal Website:

http://www.usembassycanada.gov/cont...ubsection1=usconsulates&document=usconsulates

or

http://www.usembassycanada.gov/content/index.asp

and click on Consulate Montreal

2. Medical Website:
http://panelphysicians.com/

3. Things to do prior to the interview/medical:
a. Collect all the necessary documents
b. Get your vaccination records or get the vaccination done
c. Print out all the maps, address, directions and phone numbers for US COnsulate in Montreal, Medical Facility, Hotels
d. Make reservation for the Hotel in Montreal/Toronto and ask them how far is it from the COnsulate/Medical Facility
e. You can always take a cab if it is far
f. Make sure you have your passports with you
g. Reserve hotel, car

As you all know, there are 3 steps after receiving your interview letter:

1. Medical
2. Interview
3. Border Crossing

1. Medical:

a. Collect your vaccination records.
If you don't have the records, just get the vaccination done.
b. Required documents:
i. 2 Photos
ii. Passport
iii. Consulate's Interview letter
iv. Vaccination records
v. $185 Canadian Dollars (Cash or Money Order only)

c. They do vaccination over there also
d. You can go to Windosor, Toronto or Montreal for your medical
e. Check this website for more details:

2. Interview:

I know we all get nervous when it comes to interview like this but you should not be. It is very simple. As long as you have your documents and story straight, you do not have to worry about it. Get there early (7am) and get it over with early.

a. Following documents are absolutely necessary:
i. Photographs - 3 (take 10 of them what the heck)
ii. Birth Certificate
iii. Job Letter (current and notarized)
iv. Marriage/Divorce Certificate
v. Passport
vi. Police Clearance Letter(s) - RCMP, Pak/India, etc.
vii. Medical Report
viii. Payment (they do accept MS/Visa)

b. Interview Questions:
i. Where do you live?
ii. What do you do?
iii. Are you currently working for your petitioner?
iv. How did you hear about the job?
v. Have you worked in the US before? if yes, what visa?

c. Once they are satisfied, you will get the visa package that you need to take to the border crossing (POE) and hand it over to them. DO NOT OPEN THE PACKAGE.

3. Border Crossing (POE):
I was nervous about this becasue of the hightened security and the War in progress. But, in fact, this was the most pleasent experience about the US border crossing I have ever had.

a. At the border (airport or land crossing), just hand over the pakcage to the officer and tell him/her that you have the immigrant visa
b. Officer will take/direct you to the office
c. They will probably enter some information or do some checks
d. They may ask you some simple questions as to what is your final destination and where you would live and stuff but mothing major
e. They will stamp your passport for I-551 which is your Perm. Resident status for one year and in that time you will get your Plastic card.

How to Re-schedule your interview:

If you have to reschedule your interview, just call them and they will re-schedule it right over the phone and you will receive another interview letter. They re-schedule it for another 2 to 2.5 months. They will only re-schedule once.

In order to re-schedule, call (514) 398-9695 Ext. 3833 after 2pm EST.

Again, I know it is stressful but we all have to do it. It is a simple 3 step process. By the time you get your interview letter, majority of the work has already been done. Interview is a simple process and nothing to worry about if all your documents are complete.

Good luck to everyone.

Timeline?

Hi,
I am a fellow Montreal Cp-er awaiting my interview. My review was complete on March 20th.

Can you post your own timeline, from review completion to interview so we can have an idea of how long we are waiting these days?

Thanks.

More advice -- applies to all, whatever the consulate:

BEFORE you get to the POE, always make a copy of IV page on the outside of the package you receive from the consulate. Other than what is written in your passport at the POE, it is the only document you have that indicates your A# (at least until you get the card). I had an associate whose A# was written incorrectly in his passport when he got the I-551 stamp (he didn't realize this until later when he tried to track the status of the card). He had not kept a copy of the IV and had no record of the correct A# later to get this fixed... it was a nervous wait until he got his card (and that was when it took many more months to come than it does today).

At the POE, verify the expiry date and A# are correct BEFORE you leave!

Originally posted by iaminus
Hi All,

I just completed my Montreal CP Process. That was Employer Sponsored visa.

Websites:

1. US COnsulate General in Montreal Website:

http://www.usembassycanada.gov/cont...ubsection1=usconsulates&document=usconsulates

or

http://www.usembassycanada.gov/content/index.asp

and click on Consulate Montreal

2. Medical Website:

3. Things to do prior to the interview/medical:
a. Collect all the necessary documents
b. Get your vaccination records or get the vaccination done
c. Print out all the maps, address, directions and phone numbers for US COnsulate in Montreal, Medical Facility, Hotels
d. Make reservation for the Hotel in Montreal/Toronto and ask them how far is it from the COnsulate/Medical Facility
e. You can always take a cab if it is far
f. Make sure you have your passports with you
g. Reserve hotel, car

As you all know, there are 3 steps after receiving your interview letter:

1. Medical
2. Interview
3. Border Crossing

1. Medical:

a. Collect your vaccination records.
If you don't have the records, just get the vaccination done.
b. Required documents:
i. 2 Photos
ii. Passport
iii. Consulate's Interview letter
iv. Vaccination records
v. $185 Canadian Dollars (Cash or Money Order only)

c. They do vaccination over there also
d. You can go to Windosor, Toronto or Montreal for your medical
e. Check this website for more details:

2. Interview:

I know we all get nervous when it comes to interview like this but you should not be. It is very simple. As long as you have your documents and story straight, you do not have to worry about it. Get there early (7am) and get it over with early.

a. Following documents are absolutely necessary:
i. Photographs - 3 (take 10 of them what the heck)
ii. Birth Certificate
iii. Job Letter (current and notarized)
iv. Marriage/Divorce Certificate
v. Passport
vi. Police Clearance Letter(s) - RCMP, Pak/India, etc.
vii. Medical Report
viii. Payment (they do accept MS/Visa)

b. Interview Questions:
i. Where do you live?
ii. What do you do?
iii. Are you currently working for your petitioner?
iv. How did you hear about the job?
v. Have you worked in the US before? if yes, what visa?

c. Once they are satisfied, you will get the visa package that you need to take to the border crossing (POE) and hand it over to them. DO NOT OPEN THE PACKAGE.

3. Border Crossing (POE):
I was nervous about this becasue of the hightened security and the War in progress. But, in fact, this was the most pleasent experience about the US border crossing I have ever had.

a. At the border (airport or land crossing), just hand over the pakcage to the officer and tell him/her that you have the immigrant visa
b. Officer will take/direct you to the office
c. They will probably enter some information or do some checks
d. They may ask you some simple questions as to what is your final destination and where you would live and stuff but mothing major
e. They will stamp your passport for I-551 which is your Perm. Resident status for one year and in that time you will get your Plastic card.

How to Re-schedule your interview:

If you have to reschedule your interview, just call them and they will re-schedule it right over the phone and you will receive another interview letter. They re-schedule it for another 2 to 2.5 months. They will only re-schedule once.

In order to re-schedule, call (514) 398-9695 Ext. 3833 after 2pm EST.

Again, I know it is stressful but we all have to do it. It is a simple 3 step process. By the time you get your interview letter, majority of the work has already been done. Interview is a simple process and nothing to worry about if all your documents are complete.

Good luck to everyone.

Hi there,

I am going through my CP in Montreal. Our file was just sent to NVC and we have not received out Packet 3. NVC has asked us to pay the immigration fee of US $335 prior to sending us Packet 3. Is this right? I was under the impression that this fee needs to be paid when the visa is issued.

Could somebody please respond if they had a similar experience?

Thanks in advance

Did the NVC ask you to pay this fee before Packet 3? Will Packet 3 only be sent if we pay this fee?

Thanks