Montreal CP Interview Tracker -- Part Three [Troisieme Partie]

green card processing even after moving to canada

I applied for labor certification in Florida for future employment.
I am also expecting my canada immigration visa. Can I still continue my green card processing even after moving to canada.

Thanks

My 2c

1. green card is for future employment.
2. Also under the new IRPA in Canada (effective June 28) there is no more any question of "intent to abandon" which might have been an issue if you got or maybe even applied for your 485/CP.

Cross check with a lawyer. I am not one.

Do Montreal Cp\'ers get DS2001?

Per immihelp, DS2001 specifies $325 fee per application. Is this already in effect and we need to send this much in to STL?

BTW, I understand package 3 is barcoded. Wondering if the barcode is actually on DS230? I am filling up DS230 from immihelp and hope that I can simply switch them in and ship them back to NVC.

Thanks.

Wondering if anyone has been asked to present original I-140 approval notice at interview?

I tried to get the original from my Company and got a reply that the Company would not release it and they claim it belongs to the Company.

I want to find out how likely the Montreal consulate would ask for it. I understand it may be necessary for attorney-certified CPs. But Montreal does not do this kind of CPs. Additionally, I would also think the INS sends an approval notice to NVC too and so the Consulate should have a copy in file.

I-140

The consulate already has a copy of your I-140 approval and anything you sent with the petition. You don\'t need it. Brian.

Barcode is on fee bill.Not on DS-230.

Actually, if you know the P3 has been created, you can send all materials to St. Louis with your case number clearly written on all forms and cashier checks. That might save you lots of time.

For the materials needed to submit, please review the old posts. Many montreal cper did this way last year.

help with driving direction

I have interview on June 07, and I am driving from Toronto to Montreal. Anyone has done that or has any suggestion. I am planning to stay near the consulate or at a place from where I can reach consulate easily.
Is there subway train in Montreal?
What is the best way to reach consulate in the morning if not staying close to consulate?

some other question
1. My pkt 4 mentioned total fee per person 325.00. I have already sent 260/per person to NVC with pkt 3. Do I need to deposit $260 again? Hope not!

2. is my personal record of the tax filing enough or I have to get the record for most recent tax filing from IRS?

Thanks a lot.

Driving, etc.

I used to drive fairly frequently from Toronto to Montreal. It\'s an easy drive along the 401. The only tricky part is getting into downtown Montreal. Make sure you have a good map.

There is a subway (called Metro) in Montreal - it\'s the best way to travel if you aren\'t within walking distance. Try to find a place to stay that is on the Metro line.

You will only need to pay the $65 per person visa issuance fee at the consulate.

I wasn\'t asked for any tax information at the consulate. I took with me 3 years worth of my copies of the tax returns, including W2s and some recent pay stubs.

please help with packet 3

My consulate is going to be montreal. I am originally from India.
1.On the instructions that came with packet 3 it says that for canada you need PCC from RCMP. So that is good. But for other countries it states to get it from local police authorities. Does this mean have to get it from india. I have gone through the postings and it seems like that you can get it from consulate and works fine. Please guide me what should I do.
2. I have not been asked for employment letter. Is it needed to be sent with packet 3 or should I send it anyways. Any body else who did not submit one.
3. DS 230 #29. Name of petitioner. What it should be for me, spouse and kids. I think it should be company name but attorney said its individuals name like my name for me, husband\'s name for him and kids names for them. Did not make sense to me. Experts please clarify. Thanks in advance for all the help.

By Metro

If you are going by Metro, get off at the McGill station. Go up the stairs and look for The Bay (La Baie). If the store is open, go to the first floor and go out by the Ste. Catherine St. exit. Otherwise, go into the mall (can\'t remember the name of it) right next to The Bay and find the Ste. Catherine St. exit. Once on the street, turn left (East) about 2 blocks until you get to St. Alexandre. Turn right and the entrance to the consulate is at the end of the block on the left. There is usually an RCMP car parked in front. Brian.

That\'s a really good way.

But P3 varies from case to case and I\'ll wait until I get it. The problem with me is not the NVC. It is my corporate lawyer. She is so slow. And our headquarters is in a different city. Everything has to go through the headquarters HR who serves as the broker between me and the lawyer. It is a real stinking situation.

I am thinking when they forward me up the P3 for drafting. I\'ll bypass them and send it back directly (anyway, my Company does not pay for CP). But the P4 will still go to the lawyer. Anyone see any potential problem if I do so.

Thanks.

Will they have the I-140 application and LCA too?

The reason I ask this is because I am trying to bypass my corporate lawyer ( see my other posting) because she is so slow. I want to guess the possibility of Montreal asking something that resides with the lawyer.

Thanks.