Monterey Road Immigration office...

knellaya

Registered Users (C)
I've got my I-485 approval. I am planning to go to the INS office in Monterey Road, San Jose (California) to get our passports stamped. Would like to know if somebody has gone there for passport stamping. How crowded does it usually get? I've heard stories like, one should be there by 4AM or so. Any ideas?

Please let me know,

Thanks
-Kathir.

:confused:

I have taken an appointment through (my attorney) for this Friday..Its just 10 bucks fee. Instead going there at 4.00AM, I can go at 1.30PM...
GGC

how do you make the appointment

I went there 7:00 in the morning. They wouldn't let me wait in the appointment line. I waited untill 11:00. An officer came out and said since there were only 4 people working today, we should all go back home and come here onn another day. I decide to go there tomorrow at 3:00 in the morning.

Did you go today?

grasshop said:
I went there 7:00 in the morning. They wouldn't let me wait in the appointment line. I waited untill 11:00. An officer came out and said since there were only 4 people working today, we should all go back home and come here onn another day. I decide to go there tomorrow at 3:00 in the morning.

Did they allow you to stand in the appointments line?

I went to SJ office and tried to use appointment line, but the security guard turned me down and told me to go to normal line.
I saw so many people turned down to use appointment line with I485 approval notice.
I just came back home instead of waiting without guarateeing that I can enter the building.

I'm wondering how other people have used appointment line.
Did they change the rule recently?

GanGC, how did you make an appointment?
Can I also make an appointment through your attorney?
I'm willing to pay $100 if I can avoid long waiting.

Something must have happened. Never heard these stories until 3rd week of June. I did stamping just 2 weeks ago and the guard did not even bother to see the letter or ID. He glanced the folded letter in my hand and walked away.

It really sucks. the approval letter is in fact appointment letter because it states day and times you could go for stamping.