money order to DOS

sidbid

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,
I am finally starting the process of waiver today and this forum has been really helpful, esp. with inputs from dheeraj, lucymo and others.

I have a final query before I send my application. I belive I have to mention my name, place and date of birth on money order that I send to DOS as a part of this application. So could you please tell me where I should mention it? Is it appropriate to mention at the back of it? Because when I checked with the bank, they told me not to mention at the back of the money order?

Thank you and hope to get an answer soon..

Sid

Hi Sid,
I don't know if you already posted, but if not, hope this will help.
You should not write anything on the back of MO, but you can write your particulars on the front itself, where you have space for writing your name and address. Instead of address, you can write the place and date of birth striking off the address, you mention about what you are writing.

Good luck!

Hi Sid,
I don't know if you already posted, but if not, hope this will help.
You should not write anything on the back of MO, but you can write your particulars on the front itself, where you have space for writing your name and address. Instead of address, you can write the place and date of birth striking off the address, you mention about what you are writing.

Good luck!

Yes I did the same way. In a place to write sender's name and address- I wrote my name, address, case NO, Country of Birth, Waiver basis, Country of Citizenship.

Good luck