Mistake in Adv. Parole form, person now outside US. Problems getting in?

check

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

If you have used AP to get into US, please give your inputs on the following. My wife got her Adv. Parole (waiting for 485 approval) to visit India. On the day of her departure, we noticed that the her date of birth was incorrect on her AP form (they put my d.o.b instead of hers). I would appreciate any input on the following:

1. What do the immigration officers do when are given the AP form?
   (is there some kind of an \'interview\' etc.?)
2.Any guesses if this error will cause problems at the port of
  entry-Boston
3. Do they look/check the AP form when a person leaves India

Any inputs are much appreciated. For what it is worth, our 485s were approved yesterday. I dont know if this helps or not.

check

No Title

Hi,
Usually at the port of entry they ask you to wait in a separate room where they check the details of AP. Atleast that\'s what happened in my case(JFK). In india the airlines took a copy of Ap. But they didn\'t check anything.

Since her passport is not yet stamped I don\'t know whether approval of 485 is of any benefit at the time of entry.

But frankly, I don\'t think she will have any problem. If you are not travelling with her my suggestion is let her carry a copy of your passport. Just to let them know that the INS officer who issued the AP did enter DOB incorrectly.

No Title

Thanks a lot CSC-VSC485June98 for your input and if any one has extra
inputs I appreciate hearing them too.
thanks for your time
check

No Title

Hi Check,
If your wife hasn\'t used her EAD(if she applied for it) and her passport contains a valid visa stamp when she returns, she may not even use her AP to enter. The visa stamp validity when she returns is a must though.

***DISCLAIMER Just an opinion. Not a lawyer.

No Title

She has her EAD, but the visa is expired (& also old category: F2). So, we
are thinking of using the AP rather than have her apply for an H4 stamp
at Chennai.
check

No Title

I have the same problem. AP has wrong birth date. I am planning to go to India soon. Wonder if I should get it corrected or use this one. Earlier someone had replied to my posting on this board that he was able to get in with a misspelt name on AP. Please advise if someone has any experience in this matter.

No Title

Div I think you should think of getting it corrected or atleast enquire from the
office where you got the AP from if this is OK, seeing that you are yet to depart US.
The only question for you is whether they can fix it in time. (This is my opinion only.....do
what you think is best for you after consulting others/your lawyer etc.). My lawyer said
that seeing that my wife is already in India, it is OK for her to use the AP (because
after all, it is the INS that screwed up). But I want to see if anyone else is in the same boat.
check
P.S: In case you decide to contact the INS on this, please let me know what
they said.